UCLC Spring Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great pics guys!

I don't think I could of gone anymore left :p

All this tough talk after Wayne's PZ and my HJ cut a track! next time you guys can lead and break though the snow and ice! :flipoff2:

Here are a few pics I took!

is That an FJ Cruiser (pulling a trailer) leading a few Cruisers?

IMG_4909.jpg

Can you spot the PZ?

IMG_4908.jpg

Dave getting the tow strap ready

IMG_4924.jpg

PZ going in

PZ coming out with a little help! listen to that turbo whine:D

PZ draining out after it's little swin!

IMG_4928.jpg

i LOVE the sound of the turbo in that video.

in all seriousness i think if a bit more mometum was achieved at going in Jerome would have made it through... or been stuck deeper and worse...

some nice pics of your truck in your album, is that the east coast in the winter?

all kiding aside you have a great truck and can pic a trail VERY well. congrates.

your a joy to have on the run...

videos

Can anyone help me with how to post a video?:hmm:
Please:bang:

Watching the video I think it might of been the ice that stopped Jerome!

but in the time between the 2 videos I think the PZ sinks about 8":eek: as you can see the whole license plate in the first video and it's way under in the second:clap:

the winter shots are Lake Ontario near Toronto it's a park called bluffers... it was possibly -30 with the wind chill! not many:princess: on the beach that day :D

Yeah my experience in deep snow or mud is that double locked = stuck deeper :frown: but we where still having a good time :bounce:

IMG_4679.jpg

It seems great people and LandCruisers just go hand and hand :clap:

I am looking forward to the next run! Hearing turbos whine and smelling that sweet veggie oil!

Matt

lol, that looks like you got stuck the exact same way Mat!

good observation on that Mat, the pz sank quite a bit, and it does look like that the ice sheet that extended way past didn't brake and held us back...sorta...we'll never know what's under till it's tried again, mhwuahaaa ha!

Brad, you can do thesame thing on photobucket to download vids, but its gota be under 100MB of space with a regular account (that works out to under 50secs of vid on my camera)

" It seems great people and LandCruisers just go hand and hand " + 1 to that!
:steer:

something to think about.
the tractor tires have 1 1/4" tread depth. each rotation of the tire CAN be 1 1/4" PER lug so 20 lugs will equal a downward travel of 25" PER ROTATION.
so, if you have a clearence to the diff of 12" it will take only 1/2 tire rotation to become high centered in soft mud or clay. tractor tires require finese to keep yourself from becoming SERIOUSLY stuck.

you can do high rpm assualts on obstacles but once downward travel is happening it is a split second decision to keep the throttle on or stop imediately. when Jerome takled that mud hole later in the day and the hood when under water, he had to pin it to keep the forward momentum to clear the hood from the water but once the truck slid sideways and the right side headed downward he had to stop immediately or risk going over sideways. the RHS tires had started the trip south. in that situation he performed the task perfectly.

i learned the hard way out in alberta, i dropped into a small clay pit with the front end and when i felt it sinking quickly i pinned it in reverse. this left a clay bank with just the front tires buried and the rear on dry hard ground. the problem was the "cliff" that the front tires had made behind them. it took over 3 hours to extract the tractor from the pit. the term "Wayne-holeling" was concieved to describe a serious stuck.
small May 2006 Fisher east run 131.jpg
small May 2006 Fisher east run 136.jpg
May 2006 Fisher east run 137.jpg

Last edited:
ahh, i see, thanks for the tech tip Wayne! love learning this stuff!

come to think of it, i just checked the winch/recovery section and all they talk about which products to buy, how to install, etc...

i don't think i've come across a "recovery scenario" thread, you know, pics, how you got stuck, how to get unstuck, bush repair techniques, how to avoid that situation, lessons learned, tips and advice.... i'll keep searchin.

keep running with the club and you will learn more than all the reading you can do...

some more pics of that run back then. (open diffs)
snall May 2006 Fisher east run 119.jpg
small May 2006 Fisher east run 197.jpg
small May 2006 Fisher east run 070.jpg

"Wayne-holeing" I like that one!

I see you used to have a PTO on the 70... I just finished cleaning up mine I am going to give it one more chance!!

That is a great second angle Brad!

nah, no PTO, it was a 24V factory elec (sitting here on the shelf) that i took off since i like the 8274 MUCH better than any other winch out there.

a buddy came up with that term and it stuck. strange how that works.

Ok, if Wayne-holeing exists, then there must also be "Mooseing it". - you know, when you peg a 3B to the floor to get though the mud hole (opposite of goosing it)

we had a guy in the club out west that earned the nick name "Atta-boy-Roy". he was the spitting image of "Moosing it Mike", a well liked addition to the club. From this day forward any tiem a full throttle attempt will be referred to as "Moosing it" and Mike new title is Mr "Moosing it Mike".

do i hear a second to the motion?

funny enough it has a nice ring to it ! the fat guy likes the skinny peddle EH!
hey wayne i am looking to upgrade the moose i was thinking rear locker ,new at tires (definately skinny ) and a winch ,possibly a turbo and to compliment that a propane system . all that with my waste veggie sys would be sweet .
any thoughts or sugestions ,parts location ,supplirs etc. to lift or no lift .
input from others is appreciated i just want to be tugged a little less .plus i think we all agree i need something bombproof from my right foot .think on it 1984 bj60 stock accept for 33"s and wvo plus it needs tranny work ,to come soon enough .
moosecruiser .

want my suggestion?
rear locker, lock rite, easy lock or Lokka ... cheap and reliable
go buy a set of 33" tractor tires and mount them on rims. when you get to the wheeling location, bolt them on
and finally a 8274 on the front, pintle hitch on the rear.

cheap, reliable, Moosing-it-Mike proof.

Hmmmm. is it possible to make Something "moose proof"? Could Mikes cruiser possibly become one day... "MooseProof" ie. not needing the flatfoot method? :p

Great pics and vids! Looks like you guys had a great time. It makes the wheeling I have done the last couple of weeks here in Eastern Ontario with the EOTB look like a Sunday drive although I did not try some of the more difficult obstacles.
I would like to get out with a few other LC owners (if you consider my LX a LC). Are you guys still planning a trip to hook up with the True North Club? First and last club meeting I attending was in Nov, and there hasn't been a meeting since.

Cheers;
IMG_5901.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom