Events/Trails UC Group Camp July 15th-17th 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nexgencontractors.com
Copied from last year, we are going to do the same trip as it seemed to work good for everyone. There is one difference this year which will be a club raffle on Saturday night. More details to follow....

MAKE SURE TO SET A REMINDER IN YOUR CALENDAR FOR JANUARY 15TH 2022 THIS IS THE FIRST DATE YOU CAN RESERVE THE CAMPSITES FOR THE WEEKEND WE WILL BE THERE!

Group camp will be the same this year, so pay attention below and let's make this happen. We have selected Julian Price Campground off the Blue Ridge Parkway between Grandfather Mountain and Blowing Rock. The campground is NOT a group site, so you will be reserving your own site. The club will also have a site reserved that we will use for a group campfire.
1608848961670.png

Here's how it will work:
1) Reserve your site! The sites are open for reservation starting 6 months out, so on January 15th you can reserve your site for the 15-17th. Get something in the D loop to keep the club together, or far away if that is your preference. Site details will show whether a trailer is able to be parked if that is your thing. Post here with what site you got.

www.recreation.gov

Julian Price Campground, Blue Ridge Parkway - Recreation.gov

Explore Julian Price Campground in Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina with Recreation.gov. Located along the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway in the lush green expanses of North Carolina, Julian Price Campground is a top destination for boating, hiking, fis
www.recreation.gov
2) Bring a bundle of firewood.

That's it. As we get closer we may try to organize some type of pot luck but we are not going to collect any money. Anything you want to share will be welcome, but no obligations. Lots of opportunity nearby for various outings.

Seeing this too late and they are booked up? It is probably okay. There are another 115 first come/first serve sites and you may be just fine snagging one of those in-person.

1608848999148.png

FYI, you can streamline the process by installing the Recreation.gov app on your phone, create your account ahead of time.

for you green bubble folks ;)

D21 is us. Was maybe one more in D loop. Anyone remember that site? Hoping to fit either the cruiser or sequoia and trailer.

Looks like D loop is all booked. Did someone in our group get the big spot at D9? I’m in B36

I did. I got it not realizing it was THE spot (I remember now how their map is distorted). I had reserved two sites last year, one for the fam and another for the club. Hoping we can still have a club area, and I recall there was a lot of space between 9 and 10.

ONE OF US?

One month!

Anyone interested in wheeling in Patriot Mountain park? I asked Morrison’s Outdoor Adventures about stock vehicle friendliness (they do a lot of their training classes there) and it sounds like a good fit since we get more family friendly rides on this event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom