Events/Trails UC Group Camp July 15th-17th 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something has come up and I will not be able to attend this year. I had D5, is anyone interested in the spot before I cancel it?

Something has come up and I will not be able to attend this year. I had D5, is anyone interested in the spot before I cancel it?
I was going to camp there for two days just me and my SO. We went to book a site and everything was taken. We are going first come first serve. Just so happens, I saw this event and laughed. I showed her that the trip you guys are planning is likely why we didn’t have a site to book. Lol.

Coincidentally, we camp in a 40th 80 series. I was considering swinging through the D loop one day to meet a few folks. Anyhow, I’m checking with her but we will likely take the site off your hands just so we have a reservation. We will look the part. If one of the other members participating in the ride needs it, I understand. But if it comes down to you canceling with the site, I’ll likely snag it before general public gets a go at it.

I’m a relatively new ONSC member. I am also heading up with the ONSC guys to Hurricane Creek the following weekend.

I'm out this time folks, just have too much going on to make the trip.

[SOLD] I have D10 reserved Friday-Sunday, if anyone wants it. If not, I will cancel my reservation.

Last edited:
I was going to camp there for two days just me and my SO. We went to book a site and everything was taken. We are going first come first serve. Just so happens, I saw this event and laughed. I showed her that the trip you guys are planning is likely why we didn’t have a site to book. Lol.

Coincidentally, we camp in a 40th 80 series. I was considering swinging through the D loop one day to meet a few folks. Anyhow, I’m checking with her but we will likely take the site off your hands just so we have a reservation. We will look the part. If one of the other members participating in the ride needs it, I understand. But if it comes down to you canceling with the site, I’ll likely snag it before general public gets a go at it.

I’m a relatively new ONSC member. I am also heading up with the ONSC guys to Hurricane Creek the following weekend.
let me know.

Landon

I’ll take D5 or D10. @TallPineCruiser @BMThiker Can one of you PM me to discuss. I need the site for Friday night and Saturday night. If one of you still has the site available, let’s square up. PM me with the details.

I’ll be camping and sleeping in an RTT. If anyone knows if one of these sites is suitable or not suitable for this, please let me know. Some sites are arranged where a vehicle can’t park and camp. Any info is appreciated.

I’ll take D5 or D10. @TallPineCruiser @BMThiker Can one of you PM me to discuss. I need the site for Friday night and Saturday night. If one of you still has the site available, let’s square up. PM me with the details.

I’ll be camping and sleeping in an RTT. If anyone knows if one of these sites is suitable or not suitable for this, please let me know. Some sites are arranged where a vehicle can’t park and camp. Any info is appreciated.
I'll hit you up with details tomorrow.

Prepping now... unfortunately the 60 will not be making the trip. Will be in the sequoia.

IMG_20220709_152828.jpg

Asking that everyone bring a bundle of firewood and we should have a great setting to recount what you did during the day. Which reminds me, what is everyone planning?

Grandfather Mountain is cool for anyone that hasn't been there. If you want to walk the bridge and visit their zoo, get your tickets in advance: Tickets, Online Reservations & Hours - Grandfather Mountain - https://grandfather.com/tickets/

I am also reaching out to Patriot Mountain Offroad Park for details and availability.

Last year, most places in Blowing Rock were sold out of firewood and I ended up going to Boone to find some. It would be best to find some local firewood before you arrive. I don't think the campground office had any wood either.

I will bring some. I know we technically not supposed to cross state lines with it though so...

I will bring some. I know we technically not supposed to cross state lines with it though so...
Govt parks just want govt approved wood burned. The USDA approval is found on most storebought commercial firewood. It usually burns pretty good too since I think it had to be kiln dried. At least my experience has been better than the front porch local wood bundles at the park stores that I'm pretty sure were still growing trees a week before.

so don't bring any?

Not too late. Good things ahead for those attending. 🤫

Also, talked to Patriot Mountain Offroad Park. $30 vehicle, discounts for LE, military, and groups of 5+ vehicles.

Do bring rain gear:
1657819740855.png

Last edited:
Guys I'm unfortunately going to have to bow out. My father is still recovering from his stroke earlier this year and my mother just broke her hip Saturday at the beach and will be coming home this weekend. Needless to say I need to stick around here to help them both. My daughter and I were really looking forward to going because we had a blast last year. Just too many things in play are going to cause me to bow out this year. Anyone is welcome to my spot.

We are here. Moved to D25 though. 21 was way too small.

Currently in town for food at Foggy Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom