Ty's FJ62 SOA build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I decided i'm going to make this official, and start a thread on my build. This cruiser was my sister's for a few years, then she went off to college leaving it behind. I have had a lot of cool memories in this truck and ever since she left i have been dreaming about doing things to it, and making it mine. Until now i have just been tinkering with it, just doing maintenance, and replacing some worn out things. I have been drawing up some bumper ideas, and getting parts together. I have a family friend that owns a fabrication shop, and he has been a ton of help. I go work for him a few days a week, and he has taught me a lot. I am really excited to get this build going. We should be getting it in the shop this week, depending on if he can get the 40 thats in there running. My plan is to get it done before june. Me and my dad will be attending Rubithon this summer, and we are stoked. Im doing an SOA set up, cut and turn and everything that goes with that. ARB air lockers, 4:88 gears, 37's, bumpers and sliders. Thats what we are focusing on for the next couple months, but as you guys all know, the list never ends. Ok, enough with the talking, here are some pictures.
IMG_4782.JPG
IMG_4841.JPG
IMG_4785.JPG
IMG_4853.JPG
IMG_4802.JPG

iframe>

a>

a>

a>

a>

Last edited:
Wow the body is in perfect condition! Keep the original bumper if you take it off since ones like that are hard to find and worth a lot

Wow the body is in perfect condition! Keep the original bumper if you take it off since ones like that are hard to find and worth a lot
Yeah, the pictures make it look a little better though. There are a few dings and dents and the clear coat is fading. There is no rust at all though.

Some of you might remember the build thread i started for my dad. Here is a few pictures of his 60
IMG_4868.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG

Here are some pictures of a trip to grouse ridge we took this winter. My dad decided to let me drive so he could hike down the trail with the family to enjoy the scenery.
IMG_4523.JPG

that quickly turned into this :hillbilly:-
IMG_4538.JPG

Last edited:
Box-o-parts-
IMG_4863.JPG

Here are my bumper designs.. still working out the bugs on the rear, but im pretty happy with the front
IMG_4865.JPG
IMG_4866.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG

I like Darwink's rear bumper with the swing out, along with the swing down. I think i will use his idea if thats ok with him.

I took apart the old springs from my dad's cruiser, along with a set his friend gave me, and rebuilt them with an extra leaf in each pack. We will be fabricating the SO, along with the SR. Also, If anyone has a pair of high steer arms for sale let me know. My Boss can get the tie rods and stuff for cheap, but we need to find some steering arms. I don't really want to pay 300 bucks for them, so let me know if you have some lying around that i can take off your hands.

Here are a few pictures of last summers project. She was my first cruiser..I miss her :crybaby:
IMG_3009.JPG

Here she is topless ;)
IMG_3012.JPG

Here is a picture of the 40 i practiced driving stick in. 3 on the tree.. (i know, the bezel is upside down..)
IMG_1970.PNG

Last edited:
You are going to love it man! Good choice going with 37s, my 35s ended up looking like training wheels... Let me know if you need any advice or pictures, it is all pretty fresh on my mind since I finished not too long ago.

Mj

Doughnuts in a 60, now I'd like to seen that:D

Make sure you put up plenty of pics of your bumper builds

:cheers: Spudman

You are going to love it man! Good choice going with 37s, my 35s ended up looking like training wheels... Let me know if you need any advice or pictures, it is all pretty fresh on my mind since I finished not too long ago.

Mj
Yeah, i think 37s will look good on it. And thanks, i will hit you up if i need any pictures or questions answered.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Doughnuts in a 60, now I'd like to seen that:D

Make sure you put up plenty of pics of your bumper builds

:cheers: Spudman
I wouldn't call them doughnuts.. but i got some good roosts going haha. I wont be able to do that with the spring over, so i just had to get it out of the system haha thanks for the comments

I've been anticipating this thread for while, I remember seeing you post somewhere about wanting to SO your sisters 60.

I'm getting some serious cruiser envy from this thread! Your dad's 60 is like a cleaner, more built up version of my 60; its pretty sweet! Your 40 is pretty cool looking too. :clap:

I've been anticipating this thread for while, I remember seeing you post somewhere about wanting to SO your sisters 60.

I'm getting some serious cruiser envy from this thread! Your dad's 60 is like a cleaner, more built up version of my 60; its pretty sweet! Your 40 is pretty cool looking too. :clap:
Yeah I have been wanting to build the 62 for a few years now. Its going to be a sweet truck when its done. Thanks for the comments!

Subscribed :popcorn: I like the bumper plans you've got above. Looking forward to what you come up with.

that looks like the world's most majestic s***-house :eek:

Can't wait to see it completed! Sick bumper drawings too!

OK. No updates on the truck yet..The Land cruiser that's in the shop hasn't been running for a few years and they just got it running, and now the wiring is all goofy, so that needs fixed. After that's done my Cruiser will take its spot. I did a little more drawing for the rear bumper, and think i found one i'm happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom