Turn Signal Fix using parts from a 1983 Toyota Pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if any of y'all need one of these still, I believe I have one at home that I mistakenly ordered thinking I could make it work with my RHD truck. Reply in the affirmative and I'll give you a sweet deal.

@klinetime574

So after a year, how has this worked out ? Great write-up, btw. Thanks very much!

@Mace @Rigger

I had a hell of a time finding this 'cuz it ain't in the FAQ .... (hint ;))

I put it in the faq. It appears a bit different from the others, but it's in there.

@klinetime574

So after a year, how has this worked out ? Great write-up, btw. Thanks very much!

@Mace @Rigger

I had a hell of a time finding this 'cuz it ain't in the FAQ .... (hint ;))

Been working great. Haven’t driven the 60 much lately because I moved to Illinois. I’ll get it on the road in the next few months. Have not had a blip of trouble with it, and don’t expect to have any. I must have done a halfway decent job soldering the wires! Lol

Thanks for the kind words!

My switch is still working great. Keeping my original as a back up. I didn't realize my old turn signal and headlight switch were worn until I started using the new one. The new switches feel firmer. If anyone buys the Ultra switch I'd recommend cutting the soldered green wire off the end of the horn pin contact and taking the brass terminal off the old switch or get one from RagingMatt and connect the wire properly.

soldered wire on Ultra switch:
ultra switch.JPG

wire with brass terminal on stock switch:
paint circled horn pin terminal image.jpg

Unfortunately, Rock Auto currently shows the TW35 switch as "Out of Stock". Web search doesn't find alternate source. 😢

Rock auto is out of the "ultra Power" T35 has anybody used the "standard motor products" T35? Same idea just different company?

I believe the OE part (for pickup) is available from Toyota.

I ordered 84310-35150, 81-83 Pickup, but I haven't tried to install yet. Have no idea what the diff is, if any, to the above #

My switch is still working great. Keeping my original as a back up. I didn't realize my old turn signal and headlight switch were worn until I started using the new one. The new switches feel firmer. If anyone buys the Ultra switch I'd recommend cutting the soldered green wire off the end of the horn pin contact and taking the brass terminal off the old switch or get one from RagingMatt and connect the wire properly.

soldered wire on Ultra switch:View attachment 1937993

wire with brass terminal on stock switch:View attachment 1937994
Did you reuse the Brass terminal? or did you get a new one? What is that Terminal called and where do I get it?

I pulled the brass terminal off my old one. Just used a pick to open it up where the wire is crimped and reused.

Check with @RAGINGMATT to see if he knows what that particular brass terminal is. It's kind of "T" shaped and the pin goes in the top of the "T"

Also if you work on this before installing the switch you could prob just cut the wire a couple inches down and use a butt connector to splice it on the new switch.

Did anybody know if the ultra power tw35 and standard motor tw35 , have the same wiring harness length??
Are these two the completely the same ??

It looks like the same assembly that is on the 80 series. I am so glad you posted this. I need the brown cancel signal due to a steering wheel modification uh, "error". I am so glad to see there are new options out there. Great work and thanks for posting this.

I just want to say this again so I don't get a bunch of hate PM. The toggle switch on the TW35 for hazards lights moves snugly and if left in the middle position ...because you bumped it while you were doing something else, it will back feed current to the ignition leaving you bewildered that your truck is still running even though you just turned the key off! I have not tried to switch out hazard switches on the unit. just FYI. If anyone else has installed the TW35 can you put your hazard switch in the middle position and see if it affects your electronics? ie with the key out move the haz switch slightly to the right. Do the alt/brake warning lights come on? can you turn the wipers on with the key off?

I bought the Ultra Power TW35 for my 1983 FJ60. I went over the pin out as indicated in the manual. The only discrepancies I found was of course the missing intermediate wiper position and the hazard switch is backwards. On is off and vise versa. The horn pin wire is well soldered in place. The hazard switch on this unit does not have an intermediate position. Also pins 16 and 19 don't exit on the TW35

Turn signal and hazard.JPG
Wiper Washer Switch.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom