SOLD Tulsa, OK 1996 LX450 3x Locked 185k Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
Tan
I purchased this in March of 2022 - then found out my wife was pregnant in April of 2022. The plan was to fix the motor issues and then build it into an overland rig. I finished the motor rebuild/refresh and have just been driving it on the weekends for the last year or so. I've put about 4,000 miles on it.

It's become apparent that it's going to be a few more years before I will be able to devote the time and energy needed to turn this into an overland rig, and it's mostly just hanging out in my driveway.

I'd honestly get in and drive this vehicle anywhere. It pulls 85 down the highway with no issues. I'm sure I'll regret selling it, but it's just not getting used and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I would rather sell it to someone who is going to enjoy it.

Asking $12,900

Interior 7.5/10 - front seats are a bit worn but the plastics and dash are in great shape
Exterior 7.5/10 - bumpers and wheel wells have some scrapes from the previous owner
Mechanically - 9/10

Troubleshooting / rebuild thread here - Another 1FZFE with Ticking Sound! 96 LX450 with 181,000 Miles (Video included) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/another-1fzfe-with-ticking-sound-96-lx450-with-181-000-miles-video-included.1280190/

Details:
  • Head milled 7 thousands
  • Valves checked and passed vacuum test
  • Block checked in spec
  • Crank checked in spec
  • New piston rings
  • New rod bearings
  • All new timing components
  • New power steering pump
  • New oil pump
  • New oil cooler
  • New starter
  • New gaskets and seals
  • New sensors
  • New head bolts
  • Rebuilt distributor and new spark plug wires
  • New Spark plugs
  • I have too many new parts to list, but I'll attach the receipts from partsouq and amayama in the thread below.
  • I'll also include the report from blackstone labs on the 1,000 mile break-in oil change.
  • Pretty much everything on this vehicle works as it should. A/C blows cold and heater blows hot.
  • Installed new sony head unit with apple carplay
  • I've actuated the lockers a couple of times just to make sure they work, but I haven't ever taken it on anything more than a rocky/gravel road down to a fishing hole.
I have a huge stack of receipts from the original owner and previous owner as well. I also have the carfax that shows that the vehicle was very well maintained.

The bad:
  • Carfax shows 2 fender benders. One in late 2014 and one in early 2015. Details are in the carfax snip below.
  • I bypassed the rear heat when I had the motor out.
  • The 3rd row seats weren't in the vehicle when I purchased it.
  • I get a nuisance P0401 code every 300-400 miles. Typically when driving in stop and go traffic. Once I clear it, it doesn't come back for another 300-400 miles.
  • The "D" light is burnt out!
$12,900

IMG_0061.JPEG

IMG_0063.JPEG
IMG_0064.JPEG
IMG_0062.JPEG

IMG_0065.JPEG

can you take the spare tire off and take a picture front and back of the frame? Would like to see if there is any substantial rust on the frame there.

What's the black stuff on the trans and xfer case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom