Events/Trails Tucson Monthly Meeting (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was nice meeting the group tonight. Thanks @yotadude520 for organizing the meetup.

Here is a photo from the parking lot tonight:View attachment 2223184
I don't know if it was talked about or if you knew but there is going top be a classic cruise at the end of April for 89 and older trucks. I have a thread started on it Classic Cruise 2020.

That was my red 40.

In an unrelated topic, I will be going on a mine tour of the Hermosa mine project in Patagonia on March 6. Then headed down to Lochiel and back on the toughest roads I can find. If you are not working and want to tag along feel free. It is just two cruisers so far.

That was my red 40.

In an unrelated topic, I will be going on a mine tour of the Hermosa mine project in Patagonia on March 6. Then headed down to Lochiel and back on the toughest roads I can find. If you are not working and want to tag along feel free. It is just two cruisers so far.
Is the tour in support or opposition to the Hermosa project?

It is put on by the mine so I’m guessing it is in support of. But I’m mostly going for curiosity.
I'll see if I can get away from my mine 🕳🚜 for the day. I'll let you know tomorrow or Monday.

It is put on by the mine so I’m guessing it is in support of. But I’m mostly going for curiosity.
I got Friday off:bounce:
Where can I get the dets about the tour? I looked on the South32 website but didn’t see any mention of it.

You can PM me if you prefer to keep it off-list.

Saw a 1969 red FJ40 at the Oro Valley "Freddy's Last Saturday of the Month Car Show" tonight.

He seemed a little lonely sandwiched in amongst the hot rods & muscle cars - y'all should drive up there and keep him company!

Saw a 1969 red FJ40 at the Oro Valley "Freddy's Last Saturday of the Month Car Show" tonight.

He seemed a little lonely sandwiched in amongst the hot rods & muscle cars - y'all should drive up there and keep him company!
I think o met him a while back. If it is the guy I'm thinking of I got my spare tire carrier from him

Anyone have any feelings on the March meeting? I have some updates to share with the group from our board meeting, as well as some stories from Australia.

Did the venue last month suit everyone, or is there an alternative that works better?

Just tell me when and where. Although Griller's seemed to work well as far as seating and parking

I enjoyed Serial Grillers! The parking is adequate and it seems like we have a pretty good turnout there.

For anyone who wants to come hang out at Freddy’s on Thursday, the monthly Toyota meet is happening.

Orange Grove and I-10 Freddy’s.
6:30pm.
we meet down by Popeyes and the Frozen Yogurt place.
See you there.

All,

I have had some project schedules shift at work and will be heading to Florida for the next 5 weeks.

Can someone take lead on the next meeting? The Central AZ meeting has been cancelled with concerns for the COVID-19 spread, so if we want to do the same for the South AZ meeting this month, we can pick it up in April.

Jason Neeley

Considering that most restaurants around town are closing their dine in options, I think it's best we postpone the monthly meeting until this blows over.

I think we can declare the March Meeting cancelled. Just better to exercise caution. We can check in when April gets here.

Greetings, Cruiserfriends!

I apologize for sliding off the radar back in February. Many thanks to @yotadude520 for keeping the meeting momentum alive. The HEAT is going to coincide with the first round of easing restrictions, so I don't know if that affects things like trail runs, etc. I know I'm a little more cautious about running my truck in the extreme heat. Mostly I want to signal that I'm eager and willing to start organization meetups again, once things are deemed safe and/or people feel comfortable gathering.

Quick question for all:

What's your preferred tire pressure gauge? I really like the idea of an ARB unit that deflates but also runs inline with compressor for airing back up. However, it gets some sketchy reviews about product quality. Any other options out there that folks have used and trust? Thanks, in advance.

I hope everyone is doing well. I suppose our group has a pretty wide spectrum of political views. Regardless, I hope everyone is surviving and hasn't been impacted too much by the virus itself or the response from decision-makers.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom