Events/Trails Tucson Monthly Meeting (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Had a respectable turnout last night at Sentinel Peak! Brews are good and so is the food. Parking was better than Barrios for sure.

I personally like having it on Wednesday, and it was nice to see some new members - thanks @DesertFlyFish for pinging us the day before, definitely reminded me!

With the holidays coming up what is the best time for everybody to host another monthly meeting?

Just got back to Tucson for the winter. Sorry I missed it.

I need a new windshield in my 1998 UZJ100. Any suggestions of a place to call in Tucson? Some place that knows all about the rivets and various mouldings and garnish required.

I need a new windshield in my 1998 UZJ100. Any suggestions of a place to call in Tucson? Some place that knows all about the rivets and various mouldings and garnish required.

I can't think of any shops in Tucson that would know how. I've heard horror stories about 100 series replacements before - it might be worth looking up in Phoenix? A 4 hour drive is worth having it done right in my opinion...

I'm having a heck of a work week and my 60 is limping (steering box!), but I wanted to say thanks to the folks who turned out to Sentinel Peak last night. @yotadude520 , @mtn biker , @wildling , and the gentleman with the fine-looking 80 right by the door (I'm foggy with names and didn't catch your Mud handle, apologies)--it was great to connect, swap stories, and check in on next steps for the group.

We seemed a bit tentative regarding a December social meetup, but the logical date would be Wednesday, December 18. Sentinel Peak seemed to work well; my sense of order is challenged there since we probably can't park in a nice, neat row of cool rigs. Nonetheless, I'll check in as that date gets closer and see if folks are needing a quick holiday break in the form of local beer and Land Cruiser talk.

It sounded like there are some runs happening in the near future, including an overnight trip on/around November 30 (@wildling please correct me if I'm wrong). I've been itching to do the Salero Road trip down to Patagonia, but my planning is on hold until I can sort out my repair issue, which could be a while (I'll be calling you soon, @OverLand Cruisers !) . I encourage everyone (channeling @D_Web here) to consider proposing more runs--even with short notice--so we can get our group more active overall. There's clearly a ton of Toyota enthusiasm in Southeast Arizona, so let's capitalize on it!

Thanks again to those who came out last night. We enjoyed the conversation and the rigs!

Cheers.

I'm having a heck of a work week and my 60 is limping (steering box!),

Is it a manual box? they are fairly easy to r&r yourself. Power, might want to talk to Tim Hill in Marana, if he doesn't have one laying around, should be a great source on where to look.

Is it a manual box? they are fairly easy to r&r yourself. Power, might want to talk to Tim Hill in Marana, if he doesn't have one laying around, should be a great source on where to look.
Speaking of Tim Hill I ran into him tonight at in-and-out and told him that his ears must have been burning

Great guy.

The closest place I found that really knows cruiser windshields is Camelback Toyota in Phoenix. PM Murf and he’ll get you set up. They did a good job on my 80 windshield.

Speaking of Tim Hill I ran into him tonight at in-and-out and told him that his ears must have been burning

How does one get in touch with Tim?

I'm having a heck of a work week and my 60 is limping (steering box!), but I wanted to say thanks to the folks who turned out to Sentinel Peak last night. @yotadude520 , @mtn biker , @wildling , and the gentleman with the fine-looking 80 right by the door (I'm foggy with names and didn't catch your Mud handle, apologies)--it was great to connect, swap stories, and check in on next steps for the group.

We seemed a bit tentative regarding a December social meetup, but the logical date would be Wednesday, December 18. Sentinel Peak seemed to work well; my sense of order is challenged there since we probably can't park in a nice, neat row of cool rigs. Nonetheless, I'll check in as that date gets closer and see if folks are needing a quick holiday break in the form of local beer and Land Cruiser talk.

It sounded like there are some runs happening in the near future, including an overnight trip on/around November 30 (@wildling please correct me if I'm wrong). I've been itching to do the Salero Road trip down to Patagonia, but my planning is on hold until I can sort out my repair issue, which could be a while (I'll be calling you soon, @OverLand Cruisers !) . I encourage everyone (channeling @D_Web here) to consider proposing more runs--even with short notice--so we can get our group more active overall. There's clearly a ton of Toyota enthusiasm in Southeast Arizona, so let's capitalize on it!

Thanks again to those who came out last night. We enjoyed the conversation and the rigs!

Cheers.

Hey! Great to meet y’all and thanks for making me feel welcome. Anytime I’m in Tucson on a meeting night, I’ll definitely stop by. I’ll also pay more attention and try to make some runs with y’all.

How does one get in touch with Tim?

Here's his craigslist ad with his phone #

Here's his craigslist ad with his phone #

Thank you!

A few years ago I used the Safelite on Kolb for an '04 100 Series windshield replacement and was quite happy with their work. I'd call and ask if they still have a guy who's familiar with them, this guy was, sadly I can't recall his name.

I've been itching to do the Salero Road trip down to Patagonia, but my planning is on hold until I can sort out my repair issue, which could be a while (I'll be calling you soon, @OverLand Cruisers !) .

Give a holler, looking forward to getting Lily sorted out and steering properly again (kinda important...lol)!

We should have the shop completed in January and are looking forward to being able to host a club event in Sonoita! The folks at the Copper Brothel Brewery in Sonoita mentioned they would love to host us as well. It'll be nice having a few spots at elevation for club events next summer!

I can't think of any shops in Tucson that would know how. I've heard horror stories about 100 series replacements before - it might be worth looking up in Phoenix? A 4 hour drive is worth having it done right in my opinion...
I have used Five Star ? at 22nd & Kolb just south of Desert Toyota 3 or 4 times - the tech's name is PJ
A really good tech is PJ at Star Glass - I have used him 3 - 4 times. Shows up with the whole kit each time. You need to tell them you don't want Safelite glass - request glass from whoever bought PPG.

I have used Five Star ? at 22nd & Kolb just south of Desert Toyota 3 or 4 times - the tech's name is PJ

A really good tech is PJ at Star Glass - I have used him 3 - 4 times. Shows up with the whole kit each time. You need to tell them you don't want Safelite glass - request glass from whoever bought PPG.
I just called Star 520-620-0011and while they closed the shop at 22nd & Kolb - Stone & Grant only - PJ is still there and is in high demand. Can't wait to see the shop that you and Bill Lee (he has done all my work - Tucson, Silver City and now Farmington)) are opening.

Can't wait to see the shop that you and Bill Lee (he has done all my work - Tucson, Silver City and now Farmington)) are opening.

Right on, very cool!! Bill is amazing, truly the Yoda of Toyota.
We're super stoked about the new shop as well. The process has taken us a few years but it will be totally worth the effort.
We've been operating out of several locations, between Sonoita and Farmington, for the past few years and are really excited to move into our brand new shop!
Good times!! :D 👍👍

Wait...Bill Lee is gonna be back in Tucson? Did I read that right? That's terrific news! Please provide details...

Wait...Bill Lee is gonna be back in Tucson? Did I read that right? That's terrific news! Please provide details...
Well not exactly...we're in Sonoita not Tucson. :rofl:
Yes Bill is coming back to southern Arizona!! Very exciting times!
Our new shop should be up and running in January. It has been several years seeing this to fruition but we're almost there.:D
Not only will Bill be there sharing his knowledge and building beautiful things but we'll have a selection of high quality , field tested and approved, 4WD products on hand as well; recovery gear, fridges, etc...

We're planning some kind of opening Pachanga to celebrate.

Hmmm.....Rex Dalton's award winning chuck wagon or the Las Vigas Taco Truck?

More soon, have a great weekend CSC! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone too!!

Last edited:
Well not exactly...we're in Sonoita not Tucson. :rofl:
Yes Bill is coming back to southern Arizona!! Very exciting times!
Our new shop should be up and running in January. It has been several years seeing this to fruition but we're almost there.:D
Not only will Bill be there sharing his knowledge and building beautiful things but we'll have a selection of high quality , field tested and approved, 4WD products on hand as well; recovery gear, fridges, etc...

We're planning some kind of opening Pachanga to celebrate.

Hmmm.....Rex Dalton's award winning chuck wagon or the Las Vigas Taco Truck?

More soon, have a great weekend CSC! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone too!!

This is GREAT news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom