TTT -- The Tool Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New tool Tuesday Monday.

I finally have a bench grinder for my garage. I've been holding out for a Baldor bench grinder for a while. This one popped up for sale and I grabbed it as fast as I could. It's nothing too fancy, just a 1/3 HP 3.3 Amp grinder, but I'm so happy to have one now. Surprisingly heavy for its size.

Now I just have to figure out where to mount this thing.

Baldor bench grinder.jpg

New tool Tuesday Monday.

I finally have a bench grinder for my garage. I've been holding out for a Baldor bench grinder for a while. This one popped up for sale and I grabbed it as fast as I could. It's nothing too fancy, just a 1/3 HP 3.3 Amp grinder, but I'm so happy to have one now. Surprisingly heavy for its size.

Now I just have to figure out where to mount this thing.

View attachment 2564986

I have what I’m pretty sure is that same model. It spins FOREVER after shutdown.

Baldor is a commercial grade motor. No electronic braking on mine. I have one on myQuincy compressor. Not betting on which component will outlast the other. Should outlive me.

Baldor is a commercial grade motor. No electronic braking on mine. I have one on myQuincy compressor. Not betting on which component will outlast the other. Should outlive me.
*adds Quincy Compressor to the wishlist*

Looks good!

What is it?

Looks good!

What is it?
FujiSpray Mini-Mite 4 HVLP turbine sprayer setup.

Works off 110v, no need for the big compressor, and don’t have to worry about air drying or oil contamination.

I read a lot about guys using it for auto painting and it solves all my problems related to space, portability when I move, and complexity of setup.

With 2 trucks that need paint and 1 I want to paint, I figure it should be “good enough” for vehicles that aren’t going on the auction block.

Last edited:

Works off 110v, no need for the big compressor, and don’t have to worry about air drying or oil contamination.

I read a lot about guys using it for auto painting and it solves all my problems related to space, portability when I move, and complexity of setup.

With 2 trucks that need paint and 1 I want to paint, I figure it should be “good enough” for vehicles that aren’t going on the auction block.
Very nice! My Cruiser needs a new paint job and I've been weighing doing it myself or paying for a nice paint job. My armor is all rattle can for ease of touchup.

@FJ Noob You'll have to do a write up on how you like the sprayer once you get the chance to use it. I too am very curious on how it works out.

An auto body guy that does award winning mustangs recommended I go this route....of course I didn’t listing and bought conventional hvlp guns.

Super curious to learn how wrong my choice was, ha!

1611867065929.png

Got this bad boy off FB Marketplace for 125 to my front door. Looks like brand new retails around 3 bills. Excited to get my first Snap-On diagnostic tool LOL

After months of not being able to find a good used parts washer locally I finally just bought a HF one.

20210130_111216.jpg

I have the same one; I picked up up from a little old lady who only used it to wash flatwashers on Sunday. after church.

I had to replace the pump, mine was foobar. $20 (or something like that) from Taiwan. It will now make a mess all over the garage floor. The worst problem I had was getting rid the Varsol (or whatever was in there); the dump people even turned their noses up at it. I replaced it with ZEP purple stuff from HD. That stuff will take the hair off a dog! (but won't hurt your pipes...) It did discolor the paint on the inside of the tub, though. Not sure how long that stuff will be in there. Who paints the inside of a parts washer?

Does anyone in, or near, Charlotte have a Bridgeport? I have a small casting that needs to be checked and skimmed. If not, I'm ridin' to Durham! and bringin' snacks!

Someone ought to buy these. @Malleus i'm looking at you :lol:

EDIT:
the pair sold for over $2150. Someone really wanted those things bad. I think it would have been worth it to me to spend an extra $1k and have one that ran.

EDIT:
the bid's up to $1275 (double what it was Friday); somebody really wants those mills. I may have to find him and see what it'll take to get him to part with the one he doesn't use.

So now I'm doing machine tool rebuilding? If I thought I could make one out of the two, without quitting my job and working on them full time, I'd jump on them.

EDIT:
Somebody wants those things. I've watched the bids climb as I was writing the previous post.

I do love that site though; that's where I thought I was going to pick up a 12" Atlas lathe, until someone showed up who wanted it more than me. I like my little SB 9C better anyway.

Last edited:
Anyone have a pressure pot sand blasting setup? Looking for gotchas and whatnot. I'm considering getting one for the trailer project, to blast and paint the frame once I take the floors up to put in tie downs.

Thinking about this:

Anyone have a pressure pot sand blasting setup? Looking for gotchas and whatnot. I'm considering getting one for the trailer project, to blast and paint the frame once I take the floors up to put in tie downs.

Thinking about this:
I'm making popcorn...

I have a wet sandblasting project on the list. I have the cabineet, pump and bucket. All I need is time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom