Troopy Soft Top Restoration/Super Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I want to get a nicer looking intake. I feel like it looks like I went to Poop boys to buy the kit. (I didn't) I want something strong enough to match the exterior. Any suggestions?
Also, looking for a really nice looking retro style clock for dash.
Currently looking at vintage looking new stereo head units. I think I can mount sub woofers under the seats, and perhaps high end wake tower speakers in the rear.
HIM711.jpg
HIM710.jpg

I was asked to have a few of my trucks on display at the Hilton Head ConCours D'elegance end of October. If anyone is local enough, come on by. There are only two other cruisers I know of locally. One guy is a friend of mine, the other guy has no idea what he is driving. Thinks its an old jeep. Looks at me like I am retarded when I wave to him.... Maybe he thinks I'm gay???? Of course his bezel is upside down too, so that may explain it.

I want to get a nicer looking intake. I feel like it looks like I went to Poop boys to buy the kit. (I didn't) I want something strong enough to match the exterior. Any suggestions?
Also, looking for a really nice looking retro style clock for dash.
Currently looking at vintage looking new stereo head units. I think I can mount sub woofers under the seats, and perhaps high end wake tower speakers in the rear.

If you are referring to the air cleaner cover I have just what you need. I have the old school heavy cast Alluminum cover w brushed highlights and black background. Came off one of my muscle cars when I went back stock. Will try to send you pic. I am not sure they are on my iPad so if not will have to send from office. May have a pic of it when it was installed on the car.

markieboy1 said:
Now that it is nearly 100percent brand new, I may put it for sale. I have 4 other projects on the go.
Offers? Super rare, completely re engineered.

Height for garage is 85 inches.

Amazing build. Are u working on some other cruiser projects in the same style as this?

New project in the works that we hope will rock the cruiser world. As far as we know it will be a first. New thread once we have enough to show. Thanks.

Selling Original Troopy Soft Doors on Ebay. They are not in good shape, and would need some major TLC. I am not looking to make money from them, but someone may have need, or can remanufacture new ones from them. What you see is what you get. All images with all details can be seen at Pictures by markieboy5000 - Photobucket

or make me an offer. Shipping will be at cost. I am guessing around $100. WIll ship via USPS or UPS which ever is preferred. Thanks.
_MG_0785.jpg
_MG_0815.jpg
_MG_0802.jpg

rocking

New project in the works that we hope will rock the cruiser world. As far as we know it will be a first. New thread once we have enough to show. Thanks.

No doubt your 45 is very sweet, makes me want to trade my pickup for it. :) I'm glad you said "hope" though. Rocking the cruiser world in this day is a tall order. :)

We've seen:
Millens 45LV
Matt's series of near scratch builds
The whole series of Icons
Coils
Bodies on 80 frames
Diesels
Steel, aluminum new bodies
And on and on...

What would rock my world is a scratch build to go head to head with a 4 door rubicon with new car build fit and finish but with cruiser styling instead of Jeep styling. Hmmmmm.

Looking forward to what you post next.

Long process with the metal work Mark. But I have seen the tranformation of your LV which I am thoroughly amazed. Hopefully we can photograph both LVs together. Would make a good magazine article.

The new project. Of Course when I say "Rock the cruiser world" its a relative term. We have a great plan and I am working on the computer concept. Our initial discussions conclude it will work and should be very doable.

I have just sold the Troopy that is now having dual fuel tanks, water tank, dual batteries, snorkel, winch, air compressor, large refriderator, roof rack and all expedition ready gear to go to S. America for an adventure. Then to its new home in Toronto. I am jealous! I was only able to put 200 miles on it myself.

I was asked to have a few of my trucks on display at the Hilton Head ConCours D'elegance end of October. If anyone is local enough, come on by. There are only two other cruisers I know of locally. One guy is a friend of mine, the other guy has no idea what he is driving. Thinks its an old jeep. Looks at me like I am retarded when I wave to him.... Maybe he thinks I'm gay???? Of course his bezel is upside down too, so that may explain it.

lol.. landcrusiers are the new thing with the local uber-cool crowd, your above statement fits perfect.

What's the latest with your LV? My metal work is finally finished.

We have just installed a RAMJET engine and new automatic 700R transmission. The other engine that I had in it was brand new but has been sitting in there for 10 years. Next we will be working on the wiring. I am hoping sometime this year to have it on the road. No photos yet.

lol.. landcrusiers are the new thing with the local uber-cool crowd, your above statement fits perfect.

We were actually doing a photoshoot at a place a few weeks ago, and saw the same cruiser parkednext door. So I went over and kindly inquired. I spoke to the lady (his girlfriend) that was working in the yard and told her I have a few landcruisers and was interested in meeting. At first she had this glazed "why would you want to talk just because you have the same car" expression on her face. I perceived she had no clue, so gave her my card. Guy never called. Thats okay. I guess its just an old jeep! I did tell her the bezel was wrong way up. Of course that probably didn't compute either.

There seems to be two or three collectors up here, I don't know them. The rest fit in the cool thing of the week category. You definitely have the best local cruisers... hell, no one is even remotely close. Well, maybe that blue LV with the thornbirds.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom