Troopy Bottle Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening all,
I have, I believe the original bottle jack, jack handle, and engine crank for my truck. My question is, what is supposed to be the original color of these pieces?
A PO did a craptastic job spray bombing them a flat black. Even sprayed over the foil label. After peeling the ruined label off it was a dark brown under there.
I've search the forums and have only seen the yellow version. Any chance that the folks down under used a dark brown color for their jacks?

Ok second question. The handle and crank clip into the left side inner wall, right behind the fold down seats. There's a third clip, is there another long object that's supposed to be there?

Pic showing the handle and crank. I've already stripped the handle to prime it.

cranks.jpg

thought the jack handle was two pieces. That would make for the additional clip.

Looks like someone bent up the jack handle to make a hand crank. Does the upper rod have a ‘square end’? If so it’s just the lower half of a two piece unit. There is a third piece...the hand crank.

The engine crank is cool beans. I have one also. Originally thought mine was chicken rotisserie (lol).

I dont think thats an engine crank.. its the spare wheel winch crank.

All the jacks and handles I have seen in the middle east are brown, if that helps. Agree someone bent the jack handle. Does it have a square end where the handle normally goes? If not I wonder if it's just home made?

FWIW you can still get the OEM bottle jack and jack handles in the brown color. I had to buy a set for my FZJ75. Not overly expensive.

I dont think thats an engine crank.. its the spare wheel winch crank.

It's actually both. I know the FJ55 had a spare tire winch. When the FJ45 started with a winch but in 65 it didn't have one but have the hand crank. Was on the in the FJ40 in some markets and those never had a spare tire winch.

As for color believe it was 1/79 when the jack went from cast iron to stamped steel. Cast iron was yellow. Stamped steel was brown. Handles were same color as the jack. Winch handle/engine crank was gloss black.

Awesome replies all. Thanks
Yes the jack handle has a square end. So, guess I'll have to find the 3rd piece. Anyone have a source?
Thought it looked a bit wonky. Guess I'll heat it up and straighten it out.
As far as the crank goes, I don't think its a tire winch.
Let me finish lunch and I'll go check.

Cheers
Argyfoe

I stand corrected. It's a tire winch crank.
Now to straighten the jack handle and find the other bit.

Cheers,
Argyfoe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom