Trekboxx Drawer System for 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve really been going back and forth on a new 50qt or 60qt. And super long story short, in the end, I figured I would want less fridge space and more universal storage.

I can get creative with what actually needs to be cold. Like taking shelf stable milk boxes instead of a cold jug. Use the 200s cool box for some of the drinks.

But I have a family of 4, so I know I’ll have a lot of gear. Now if it was just my wife and I, I could go a larger fridge, but then with only two, I wouldn’t need a larger fridge anyway.

So my recommendation is 50, I’m sure there will be some people that still want a 60, but I think more will be happy with a 50.

That new ARB unit is really not suited to this use anyway from what I saw, as I noticed when ARB brought a demo to Slee last July (on first day of 200 LCDC event) that you can’t remove the lid like their other units and the lid opens very high.

Seems primarily designed to be used in open truck beds where it is exposed to weather and has no interior roof obstruction. I would not prioritize for that unit for an internal storage system...unless the user never cares to access it without always sliding it out.

I’m with Cole... Would rather look into second row placement for front passenger access while driving if a large fridge.

Good info guys. I think I’m also leaning towards leaving the fridge area alone. It will fit most if not all 60s, and even the ARB 82 as is.

I think the ARB62 is the better choice when on top of a drawer system. I think it's 3 inches shorter than the 50 qt which makes it easier to look into. I also think the 62 is easier to organize contents because it is shallower inside.

My $.02

Alright folks, after a lot of quality time with the 200, I am now accepting orders for the first run of Alphas. These should be pretty cool with some improvements over the other models. This is a busy time, so I am already booking into summer. As long as things go smoothly, these first systems should start shipping May/June. More info here:

TLC200SA

Let me know if you have any questions!
David

Hey guys- I'm trying to confirm the system for the 2017 I was patterning will fit with earlier model yers. The cargo areas of the 08-11 and 13-15 look to be exactly the same from photos, but I'd love to have some local trucks I could measure. It won't take long and I can come to you. Or, if you are handy with a tape measure I could probably walk you through it. There are only a few measurements I would need to confirm similarity.

Thanks!

Could you see if you can confirm fitment for a 2018? Also how difficult is it to remove the shelf and barriers around the fridge? Day to day, I’d like to remove them and maybe have a cover for the fridge drawer so I could have a flat surface back there.

Could you see if you can confirm fitment for a 2018? Also how difficult is it to remove the shelf and barriers around the fridge? Day to day, I’d like to remove them and maybe have a cover for the fridge drawer so I could have a flat surface back there.

@Roy Park all of that should be good to go - no changes from '16 in the rear.

I know that there is a cover option for the slide to make it flat so good there as well. Just a few bolts to remove the cargo barriers/shelf.

Rob is right on. From the looks of it, the 2018 looks identical back there to the 2017. And yes, I can make a fridge area cover that attaches to the same locations that the barriers attach. Easy peasy.

Is the Partner Steel stove included or do we have to provide?

No, unfortunately! :)

I’m interested but need to confirm figment in the earlier models before the refresh. I wish I were a little closer, I’d let you check on my 2014 but I’m about 400 miles south of you.

I’m interested but need to confirm figment in the earlier models before the refresh. I wish I were a little closer, I’d let you check on my 2014 but I’m about 400 miles south of you.
My understanding is that 13-15 were the same. I'm measuring that year range this afternoon. Stay tuned...

Edit - I still need a 08-11 truck. If there's anyone near Sacramento that wouldn't mind me poking around for a few I'd appreciate it!

Last edited:
Ok, folks- looks like the 2013-2015 is identical. That leaves the earlier years, but looking at pictures they also look exactly the same. I'm 99.9% certain we're good for all years!

Ok, folks- looks like the 2013-2015 is identical. That leaves the earlier years, but looking at pictures they also look exactly the same. I'm 99.9% certain we're good for all years!

Does your fitting need extend all the way down to the floor level of the side panel curves? Or more at drawer height?

I ask only because I'm pretty sure the side fit-kits for ARB drawers have only a single kit for the 200 that I'm aware of...but they only meet the sides at about 11 inches off the floor. If you meet the sides up high like that, it should be OK, but if at the floor level, maybe not?

Does your fitting need extend all the way down to the floor level of the side panel curves? Or more at drawer height?

I ask only because I'm pretty sure the side fit-kits for ARB drawers have only a single kit for the 200 that I'm aware of...but they only meet the sides at about 11 inches off the floor. If you meet the sides up high like that, it should be OK, but if at the floor level, maybe not?

No, I think it's the same idea as the ARB. The fitted parts are at the level of the top of the drawers and of course the front/side area. But, I was more concerned with the seat mounting locations and distance between when wells. The "wings", as I call them, would be easy enough to remake/fix if a year set was different.

My understanding is that 13-15 were the same. I'm measuring that year range this afternoon. Stay tuned...

Edit - I still need a 08-11 truck. If there's anyone near Sacramento that wouldn't mind me poking around for a few I'd appreciate it!

My cousin has one in Sacramento. Good seeing you today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom