Trailer wiring question (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently removed my factory hitch and added a curt hitch to free up more space for the spare tire. question is, the wiring/plug was attached to the old factory hitch. is there another option/bracket I need to purchase when I have the other style hitch?

I know when you buy the class iv hitch, you get a new bracket. I'll trade you mine for yours if that is what you need.

I bought a class iv second hand and it didn't come with the bracket or hardware. I'd happily pay you and send you my wiring bracket for your hardware and bracket. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks

Can you show me what it looks like? Bad picture this is what I have

20240113_153758.jpg

Question, did the Curt hitch actually provide more clearance over the factory Class IV? I've read conflicting details on if it does or doesn't.

I have the factory Class IV and my spare Wildpeak 265/70r17 just barely fits by aligning the hitch tabs in a grove on the tire. Getting the spare out is going to be an adventure I could do without. Also wondering what to do with the wiring plug as well so watching what you end up doing!

Question, did the Curt hitch actually provide more clearance over the factory Class IV? I've read conflicting details on if it does or doesn't.

I have the factory Class IV and my spare Wildpeak 265/70r17 just barely fits by aligning the hitch tabs in a grove on the tire. Getting the spare out is going to be an adventure I could do without. Also wondering what to do with the wiring plug as well so watching what you end up doing!
I think I have the class 3 hitch now. It's just the smaller one. I still has to fully deflate my tire to make it fit

I need to replace my tow plug also. I destroyed it off roading it a couple years ago and have not got around to replacing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom