Trail Traler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=cruiseroutfit link=board=14;threadid=6585;start=msg66185#msg66185 date=1069435980]
That was a real decision to make...

I am going to be running a OEM FF rear 60 axle, same with alot of my wheeling buddies. I could easily throw a FJ60 axle under there but the only thing I could benefit from is the third, and at that I could just pack one in the trailer. I even thought about running a FF, but same thing, I can spend $100 on the trailer axle or $450 on the FF... or just put my spare FF shafts in the trailer and call it good?

Know you have me thinking again... ;)

Pics coming soon, I have the tops almost glassed together.. :D
[/quote]

if you did a FF then you got a stock axle just settin there to toss in it :D

[quote author=kling-on link=board=14;threadid=6585;start=msg69297#msg69297 date=1070201916]
if you did a FF then you got a stock axle just settin there to toss in it :D

[/quote]

Yes I do... in fact I have several... :D

Still considering the options..... decisions..decisions...decisions... and its just a trailer.... I am gonna pull my hair out when it comes to paint, I wasn't this anal with my cruiser :D

This is what I will be making. Two Storage bins on each sides and one in front.

[quote author=82-40 link=board=14;threadid=6585;start=msg71072#msg71072 date=1070523537]
This is what I will be making. Two Storage bins on each sides and one in front.
[/quote] ???

Hey look no drawing! :slap:

Still no drawing :doh: One more time up this hill and then I will stop and ask for directions. NAHH!

Thanks Ferg. The shell I have is off a S-10 (that was the only thing about the truck worth keeping) I had it made to fit over the roll bars in the bed so it is a little taller then most as you will see in the dimensions. It is 6'L X 5'W X 4'H and I drew up my plans to fit around it. The storage is 2'W X 1&#039:D X 1'H and there are four of them. This will take up 2' of inside space but will still give me 3' to fit a single size mattress. The area above the wheel well will provide me with inside storage. The box in front is 5'w x 1' d x 1' h. I have double barn doors so what I might do is have slide out drawers between the wheel wels and put a piece of plywood on top of the wells and have the mattress on that and I would still have 3' head room. Not much but plenty to sleep and or haul stuff. I think this is a pretty flexable set up but it is larger then what I have seen on this post. About the size of a tent trailer :beer:Brian

Well I am back on track for my FJ47.5 Trailer project... after a very busy December (busy is good :D) I have a couple days in the holiday season to dedicate to the trailer....

I picked up my axle from a trailer shop in SLC, under $100 for a 3500lb axle, 6"-5.5" hubs (Toy patter) bearings, seals, perches, etc... 60" WMS, should be great.

Also thanks to a fellow club member, I picked up a set of 35" MTR's to get it off the ground...

A few of us from the club (Wasatch Cruiser Club) have been joking around, its not what your cruiser looks like... its what your trail has/can do :D

I have plans/part for the following:
12V Refrigerator (wired heavy gauge lead in my FJ40 harness)
Propane tank mount...
Water tank filled through gas filler neck (non-potable water, shower, cleaning water)
Any other ideas?

Air tank will be going in mine, for use with my York OBA setup, so when i need lots of air at camp, etc I'll have it.

Deep cycle Battery and small solar battery maintainer
Potable water storage
Chemical toilet (when the wife comes along)
Mini-truck fuel tank between frame rails
(electric fuel pump tranfers fuel to cruiser or dirtbikes and ATVs)
Pintle hook for free movement
Skid spoon under tongue
(If I get stuck I drop the trailer, crawl through, winch trailer)

I think this is the ultimate 4.4 trailer. http://www.globalrv.com/camper.html
I got a brochure and they are running around 20k. I think you get alot more for your money than the utlimate trailer at the top of the post. But good grief, 20,000 for a trailer that I will be towing with a rig that I have less than 4k in. Gimme a break.

20k? I'm not sure I have 20$ in mine.

I would love to buy a kimberly kamper. Imported from Aus and looks like they are built like a brick sh*t house. But they start at 20,000.

Here are some African alternatives:

trax01.jpg

xplorer1.jpg

xcape01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom