Tracy City 2010 May 22-23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
This has been one of the most anticipated rides of the year, Tracy City 2010. You've all heard the stories of broken axles and lost riders from last year's adventure, if you haven't it's good reading.

So this year will be a little different, smaller group and a voluntary over-night stay. We're also trying to design a mixed run of hard corp and intermediate obstacles so everyone can enjoy themselves but it's still coming together.

Saturday Morning 9:00 AM EST
Meet at the Flying J Truck Stop just like last year--Pillguy-Don't be late on this one!

Travel the approx 60 miles from the Flying J to Andy's shop with a "gas up" just before we get there.

Saturday Morning 10:30 AM EST (9:30 CST)

Meet Andy at RadioRidge (his shop) and drop the trailers for the weekend

RadioRidge
23 Courthouse Sq
Jasper, TN 37347-3531

We'll be on the trail roughly 1-2 hours in before stopping to setup camp. From there we'll wheel the remainder of the day or until Ben picks up all of his parts, which ever happens first. :steer:

FYI--This is not to be taken as legal advise, I'm only passing along information and if you don't like it too da** bad! :flipoff2:

The "Local Understanding" about running NON-street legal rigs on the roads. From Andy's shop to the trail head we have to travel about 4-5 miles of paved road. Apparently, as long as we have at least a legal truck front and rear of the convoy we shouldn't have any issues with the local LIOs. :clap::meh:
Sunday--Departure
We'll most likely be hitting the trail on the way out no later than 10AM. Andy has someplace he's got to be so if we can't find our way out on our own we gotta follow him out.​

Current stream conditions: 5/12:
As of today's conversation it sounds like the rivers/streams are fordable and if current condition remain relatively unchanged we should be good. If it rains of any "measurable" amount leading into next weekend the water levels could pose a problem but we won't know until next week.

Along with the required list of stuff below we need everyone to bring a little firewood. If we all get a good "arm full" we should have enough for the night.

REQUIREMENTS
Recovery Gear and Tools!
CB
EXTRA FUEL and topped off gas tanks
Camping Equipment
Signed 2010 Liability waiver
tc4-1.jpg

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES: 5/21/10--10 Rigs
Tkinze
Schmitty
Schmitty old man
SouthernTaco
BGarcia88
RadioRidge
AuburnFJ
Pillguy
Rallytaco +1?
Downhill Dave (riding)
allmud
tc4-1.jpg

Last edited:
Doh, this will go over really well my anniversary is the 21st :D.

Doh, this will go over really well my anniversary is the 21st :D.

Who wouldnt want to go to Traci City for their Anniversary? I am planning on attending and most likely spending the night. Not sure about my co-pilot...

Last year we went the water levels were way down due to the drought, wonder what's in store for us this year?

don't forget your mud boots and seal your cab better than you did at MM

:steer:

this sounds fun.. count me in as long as i can find the two noises and fix em. hope to see you there.

Last year we went the water levels were way down due to the drought, wonder what's in store for us this year?
If it doesnt stop raining so much we're gonna need pontoons and and a paddle to cross the creek.

1-10 how bad are sliders required? That picture doesn't inspire much confidence. Maybe we could get together and cough up a set of cheap sliders for my 100? You guys gotta help me come to this, I need to get a ride with you and prove the 100's worthiness :D .

I hate to sound like a beggar.... I usually don't ask. But worst that can happen is somebody says "no". Scrap metal, PVC tube, duct tape, superglue, Tupperware containers, I don't care what it is, just get me through Tracy City!

1-10 how bad are sliders required? That picture doesn't inspire much confidence. Maybe we could get together and cough up a set of cheap sliders for my 100? You guys gotta help me come to this, I need to get a ride with you and prove the 100's worthiness :D .

I hate to sound like a beggar.... I usually don't ask. But worst that can happen is somebody says "no". Scrap metal, PVC tube, duct tape, superglue, Tupperware containers, I don't care what it is, just get me through Tracy City!

Just come without sliders, if you dent your rockers, oh well, you know you will need sliders need time. :D

I hear tupperware containers work awesome against boulders :flipoff2:

Just come without sliders, if you dent your rockers, oh well, you know you will need sliders need time. :D

I hear tupperware containers work awesome against boulders :flipoff2:

I wish, but messing up my rig isn't really in my book, atleast not for another 10 years. I want to come out and run TC, but I'm not sure how much I'll really be able to run. Guess there is only one way to find out!

flooding

I bet with recent rains, it will be a great muddy run. [STRIKE]Bloody[/STRIKE] Muddy adventures for all!!

GOOD news! the noise was a front wheel bearing it will be fixed tomorrow and i will see yall at T.C.

It's a 6-8. Wheel it w/o 'em and be careful

GOOD news! the noise was a front wheel bearing it will be fixed tomorrow and i will see yall at T.C.

cool! :banana:

Who's going? List to be kept in the 1st post. This is less than 2 weeks away so please let us know.

FYI--For everyone going please make provisions for camping overnight Saturday. As of right now we do not have a plan to lead anyone to an exit on Saturday night and the logistics get tricky as we found out last year.

Last edited:
I plan on attending.

Who's going? List to be kept in the 1st post. This is less than 2 weeks away so please let us know.

FYI--For everyone going please make provisions for camping overnight Saturday. As of right now we do not have a plan to lead anyone to an exit on Saturday night and the logistics get tricky as we found out last year.

The plan is coming together. For ease I'll update the first post to include all the details concerning firewood and schedules. If you have questions or concerns now is the time to iron them out. :D

see above

Here are some pics from past trips

Those pics from the last ride look awesome, I am getting excited about this ride :grinpimp:, even though I wont have my front locker by then...my parts wont be here in time :bang:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom