Tracy City 2010 May 22-23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The story is.... welcome to the southeast in the springtime. Sunning Diamond Backs everywhere. I'm sure it wasn't the only one that they saw and i bet there were dozens close that they didn't see.

Yes, but some times there can be a very good story. For example ...

About ten years ago on a ride up Rich Mountain, a friend ran across the trail in front of my truck with more than his feet hanging out of his pants. After parking the truck, I walked over to where Jack (not our famous SA Jack) was trying to regain his composure. Once that was complete, he was able to utter something about a snake. With a little more time he was able to explain that he had moved off the trail to answer a call from nature. Just as he was beginning to water the grass, he noticed the Eastern Diamond lying coiled up in front of his feet. This prompted the unusual run across the trail.

The group did walk back to where Jack had been and found the snake still coiled in the grass. It appeared to be a full grown one because the cross section of each coil looked to be as thick as a man's forearm. Finally; eventhough it was rattler, it never rattled at us. Luckily for Jack, this was a funy story that we still tease him about rather than a story with a different ending.

So Andrew, what is your story with this Copperhead?

Well mine is not that exciting.... as we had seen one earlier (sitting in trucks) earlier
We had left the area we were hanging out and were meeting up with the rest of the crew stuck on the rocks about a 1/2 mile from us.
635 copy.jpg
I had walked down earlier with the others to see what was happend and went back to get my camera and Joseph (stepson).
We walked back pretty much the same way (100yd buffer of woods) to stream bed and started carefully walking our way down to Nicks stuck truck. You can see it was rocky and an ankle twisting ordeal. We are about 10 ft into stream bed with Joseph behind me by a few feet when all of a sudden, I see something with stripped pattern slither away from my feet.
I let out a good old rebel yell (Snake!!!!!!!!) and I do the snake dance (ie the typical scramble away) and Joseph does the same.

I think everyone started laughing? at that point and came up to investigate our uninvited guest. Obviously we all took pictures and tried to get him to go the other way (away from Josh's rig).

Well we buttoned up everything and started going again. Joseph opted for a ride out rather than hiking back to the truck.

About ten years ago on a ride up Rich Mountain, a friend ran across the trail in front of my truck with more than his feet hanging out of his pants. After parking the truck, I walked over to where Jack (not our famous SA Jack) was trying to regain his composure. Once that was complete, he was able to utter something about a snake. With a little more time he was able to explain that he had moved off the trail to answer a call from nature. Just as he was beginning to water the grass, he noticed the Eastern Diamond lying coiled up in front of his feet. This prompted the unusual run across the trail.

The group did walk back to where Jack had been and found the snake still coiled in the grass. It appeared to be a full grown one because the cross section of each coil looked to be as thick as a man's forearm. Finally; eventhough it was rattler, it never rattled at us. Luckily for Jack, this was a funy story that we still tease him about rather than a story with a different ending.

635 copy.jpg

Larry,

Was this our friend Jack W.?

Smitty

Everyone

This was pretty cool, literally...and a welcome relief
508 copy.jpg
508 copy.jpg

Here are mine as well
gotta do some more work on the bumper. I also notice its time for a skid plate fore the gas tank and the elocker
707.JPG

708.JPG

709.JPG

Good pics.

I'm by no means in the running for the Carny this month but it turns out I did make my contribution(s)

View attachment 423134

From that same stupid tree that put Josh in the hole, last damn obstacle of the trip!
View attachment 423135
707.JPG
708.JPG
709.JPG

Nice photos. Looks like y'all had an amazing time. Love that photo of Josh's passenger side in the mudhole !

some video

Since Ted is always complaining :D about not seeing his truck in action, here is a cut. Sorry its not as good as I would like but I am playing with new software.

Since Ted is always complaining :D about not seeing his truck in action, here is a cut. Sorry its not as good as I would like but I am playing with new software.

hahaha, I like the slow mo-- but still.... :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Last edited:
Nick, is this why you need the glass? I say chop/bob/dove. I heard someone close by was doing that to thiers.

Yea that was the spot that decided to break my glass...I dont think it is time for all that yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom