Tracy City 2010 May 22-23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you will be fine without a front locker. I just installed mine last week so this will be my first trip with the front locked.

do not worry about the front locker being done for the trip.
THere are tons of trails and with easy and tough stuff. just remember to say your pennance as we pass by the church.
http://picasaweb.google.com/pillguy8/200908TracyCity#5371032722682229346
I would plan for you locker install with wiring to take a bit longer than expected (just in case).

Those pics from the last ride look awesome, I am getting excited about this ride :grinpimp:, even though I wont have my front locker by then...my parts wont be here in time :bang:.

:flipoff2:
Tractions bar 004.jpg

Had to test the locker yesterday
DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

That last pic was taken in a spot you guys whent last year.
P8070559.jpg

P8070546.jpg

P8070544.jpg

Weather

Ted,

what makes you think I will be late:steer: at the flying J? LOL!

Weather is looking good for excellent conditions, ie lots of mud. Rain friday night 505 chance and 30% chance on day Saturday.

Ted,

what makes you think I will be late:steer: at the flying J? LOL!

Weather is looking good for excellent conditions, ie lots of mud. Rain friday night 505 chance and 30% chance on day Saturday.

hmmmmmm :hmm:, let's think about this one for a few minutes. I'm coming over Friday evening and setting yoru clocks 30 minutes fast!! :flipoff2:

We're hitting the lower end this year, we did the upper end last year so it will be all new territory for us. Bring your pontoons for the creak crossing...

A few more from sunday
DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0155.jpg

as of Thursday it's looking like a total of 10 trucks. this would make for 2 perfect groups if we can work it out.

Hey sorry Im jst getting in here. I really want to go with yall all the pics and videos look like fun. If anyone remembers my truck from the Gulches ride do you think it would be able to handle this place?

Hey sorry Im jst getting in here. I really want to go with yall all the pics and videos look like fun. If anyone remembers my truck from the Gulches ride do you think it would be able to handle this place?

Havent seen you on the board in a while....Did you ever get your lockers working? You should be fine on the trip, you have an 80 :grinpimp:

Thursday update.

For those that did not see it last year and aren't aware of why I'm a little concerned about water levels here is the video of Robert crossing the river in '07 (I think). Short version, if you can't get across this river you should not drive your truck!

sign your Waiver!!! :flipoff2:

After talking with Andy earlier this week it sounds like 24-36 hours after a "good" rain is when the water levels tend to rise, I think that mean 1 inch+ in a day. I've been watching the forecast fairly closely and it looks like a 60% chance of rain up there tomorrow which means crossing the river late Saturday morning could get interesting. Problem is we won't really know until we get there.

Yeah I kno. School kinda sucked this semester so it was hard for me to get out. I still havnt gotten the lockers to work. I think tonight ill take ur suggestion from last time to try and get them to work. If not im gonna need a plan B cause I kno this summer I want to put my truck to good use. What time would we leave on sunday cause i might have to jet out early??

What time would we leave on sunday cause i might have to jet out early??

From what I understand, from camp finding our way back out may not be all that difficult, +/-45 mins. of trail. Andy has to leave by around 9-10 on Sunday morning and we may or may not leave with him, all depends on how we're feeling Sunday morning and whether we want to wheel more. I'd bank on 3+ hours up there/back plus whatever time it takes to get in and out of the woods.

Keep in mind you loose an hour on the way home due to the time zone change.

As of this morning i have an empty pass. seat if anyone wants to ride.

Just in case any of us run into a delay, it was confirmed today that we will monitor channel 8 on the CB during the ride up to Andy's shop.

Andrew

:)
This has been one of the most anticipated rides of the year, Tracy City 2010. You've all heard the stories of broken axles and lost riders from last year's adventure, if you haven't it's good reading.

So this year will be a little different, smaller group and a voluntary over-night stay. We're also trying to design a mixed run of hard corp and intermediate obstacles so everyone can enjoy themselves but it's still coming together.

Saturday Morning 9:00 AM EST
Meet at the Flying J Truck Stop just like last year--Pillguy-Don't be late on this one!

Travel the approx 60 miles from the Flying J to Andy's shop with a "gas up" just before we get there.

Saturday Morning 10:30 AM EST (9:30 CST)

Meet Andy at RadioRidge (his shop) and drop the trailers for the weekend

RadioRidge
23 Courthouse Sq
Jasper, TN 37347-3531

We'll be on the trail roughly 1-2 hours in before stopping to setup camp. From there we'll wheel the remainder of the day or until Ben picks up all of his parts, which ever happens first. :steer:

FYI--This is not to be taken as legal advise, I'm only passing along information and if you don't like it too da** bad! :flipoff2:

The "Local Understanding" about running NON-street legal rigs on the roads. From Andy's shop to the trail head we have to travel about 4-5 miles of paved road. Apparently, as long as we have at least a legal truck front and rear of the convoy we shouldn't have any issues with the local LIOs. :clap::meh:
Sunday--Departure
We'll most likely be hitting the trail on the way out no later than 10AM. Andy has someplace he's got to be so if we can't find our way out on our own we gotta follow him out.​
Current stream conditions: 5/12:
As of today's conversation it sounds like the rivers/streams are fordable and if current condition remain relatively unchanged we should be good. If it rains of any "measurable" amount leading into next weekend the water levels could pose a problem but we won't know until next week.

Along with the required list of stuff below we need everyone to bring a little firewood. If we all get a good "arm full" we should have enough for the night.

REQUIREMENTS
Recovery Gear and Tools!
CB
EXTRA FUEL and topped off gas tanks
Camping Equipment
Signed 2010 Liability waiver
View attachment 415989

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES: 5/19/10--9 Rigs
Tkinze
Schmitty
Schmitty old man
SouthernTaco
BGarcia88
RadioRidge
AuburnFJ
Pillguy
Rallytaco +1?
Downhill Dave (riding)

Dont forget to bring some FIREWOOD

weather update, surprise surprise, they keep changing it.

Friday--60% Thundershowers, 71/63
Saturday--20% Rain 83/63
Sunday-- 10% Rain 85/64

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom