Toyuzu Fj60 (Rootbeer Diesel Build) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bluehawk

Appalachia Cruisers
Threads
Well I guess it's time to start my build thread. Here are the plans, starting out with a stock 1984 Toyota FJ60 that had a tired worn out 2F motor. I really didn't know the condition of the motor and I always wanted a diesel. So I set out looking for a good diesel motor. Looked at the Cummins and went to look at a few. Every time I did, they sold before I could make a decision or I had the money. As luck would have it, found a guy with a Isuzu NPR box truck that he was parting out. Went to go look at the 4BD1T motor and it looked good and started up. Bought it on the spot and pulled it out the same day. So, this is the start.
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php

While pulling the old girl home, the right rear tire blew out due to dry rot. Took the spare tire from my old truck and got her on home.

My new purchase of the 1990 4BD1T Diesel Motor
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Took a trip down to Atlanta Georgia to meet with ACC Toyota. What a great group of guys. They had a frame I needed and the price was great. Thanks Brian for the swag also. Brown Santa (UPS) brought me soom goodies. My home computer is down and I am using the work computer, thus no pictures. I will post some pictures of the new frame and the the awesome machine work from Allmaras Machining. Stay tuned for more !!!!

Got cleaning on the new to me frame. No pictures of the progress but here are some when I got it home and in the garage. Also some pictures of the adapter kit from Allmaras Machining. This kit looks awesome and bolts the stock Toyota bell housing to the 4BD1T Diesel Motor.
Attached Images

Last edited:
Got cleaning on the new to me frame. No pictures of the progress but here are some when I got it home and in the garage. Also some pictures of the adapter kit from Allmaras Machining. This kit looks awesome and bolts the stock Toyota bell housing to the 4BD1T Diesel Motor.
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Subscribed :D

I've got your H55 + split case sitting on my garage floor!

See you Wednesday man.

looking forward to more pics n progress..!!!

The 4BD1T was running when I pulled it out. The only thing I plan on doing is buying a master gasket kit and replacing all of those. I will also be painting and ceramic coating a few things on the motor.

Here are some pictures of the partial tear down. May be ready for paint by next week. Attached Images

Subscribed :D

I've got your H55 + split case sitting on my garage floor!

See you Wednesday man.

Hey Johnny, thanks man. Should be at your house around noon. Did you get yours running yet? Can't wait to see it in person.

Hey Johnny, thanks man. Should be at your house around noon. Did you get yours running yet? Can't wait to see it in person.

Nope, haven't got it running yet :( Still waiting on my IP to come back from the shop.

Just read the last couple of posts on your thread. I know you will get it running, keeping my fingers crossed.

Looks like a fun project. I say rebuild that thing before you put it in, its not that hard and then you will know you have a half million mile engine, at least.

this thread needs a higher picture to word ratio...:popcorn:

more pictures to come, it's just slow going on the build. If regular work didn't get in the way, I could stay in the garage all of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom