toyotapartscatalog.com website disappeared ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
toyotapartscatalog.com was a brilliant alternative to toyodiy.com after Toyota apparently forced toyodiy.com to region-lock access to parts diagrams meaning the only way to view them is using a special proxy add-on in firefox, chrome, etc.

I used it extensively in recent weeks to organise a big order of parts through Amayama.

Today I noticed the site has completely disappeared, as though the website hosting place has taken it totally offline.

Anyone happen to know if the people running toyotapartscatalog.com have been pressured by Toyota to take their site down as it offered the same sort of parts diagrams and cross-linked parts listings as toyodiy.com formerly did (still does if you're not in an IP address range that Toyota forces them to block).

Bugger!

Also...
Toyotapartsoverstock.com

I think its shameful how Toyota has actively tried to block owners from viewing part numbers and part diagrams. I understand their "logic", but to me it's dishonest and makes me LESS likely to buy another Toyota, especially a new one. I hope you are reading this Mr. T.

As a mechanical design engineer, I totally understand it. But as a home mechanic, I do not! I'd like to read the actual reasoning behind it. I know that we do not release tech documents or part diagrams to the public because they are controlled by US export regulations... but since the 80 series has been in the public domain for so long, I'm assuming that doesn't apply anymore.

Hey,

Amayama has a very similar part number catalog as the toyodyi.com.....
See "Genuine Parts Catalog" on top of the page: Genuine Parts Catalogs - Amayama Trading
Both are based on epc-data.com. So try direct Japanese cars online catalogs
The beauty of Amayama is that it will give you the price range right away upon selecting the pn.
You can also try Онлайн-каталог запчастей Toyota/Lexus. USA. which is also epc-data based parts catalog but adds a detailed diagram of subsystems with links to the pn which is extremely useful....Unfortunately this site can be spotty and slow.....

regards

toyotapartscatalog......
Today I noticed the site has completely disappeared....

Anyone happen to know...

A few days ago it got infected by a java script bug from one of its fake "advertiser" that was redirecting mobile users to nefarious websites. The site got hacked.

Don't know if it will return, but an immense amount of work went into creating it. I used to use it all the time too, though it's descriptions for most of the nuts and bolts were usually wrong.

It didn't seem like the site was made in the USA as the dates were designated with periods and there were a few strange grammatical errors that seemed to be from someone who knew English as a second language. Also some of the spellings of words were British English, not American English.

I liked the site so much I downloaded it (via site sucker) and reformatted it and stripped out all the other vehicles and remote links and Google tracking cookies and JavaScript hell and just made a website for the FJ60. My vehicle.

I kind of ran out of enthusiasm when I got to electrical (Twas getting a wee bit too tedious) so a few links are still broken. But I'm glad I grabbed it when I did.

Too bad you don't have a FJ60, you could use my site... Look familiar?

Toyota FJ60 Parts Catalog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom