Toyota updated website (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The back end seems very unfinished with the sloping roof line and angles spare tire. Other than that it looks good. Big wheel wells, factory sliders, proven platform

Maybe they will equip it with the GX's swaybar system...

honk said:
They're saying that this one is not necessarily the end product. It's still being worked out. This is a market trial to guage interest. Phooey.
That's not what I heard, I think they said it is NOT the prototype, but is a full exterior execution, but the interior needs to completed, and there may be some refinements before it comes to market

I can live with the V-6 and Forerunner/Tacoma drivetrain, but what really separates this from a two-door Forerunner or a Tacoma??

If the price is proportional, it will be competing against Tacoma loyalists or Forerunner loyalists.

I personally think that a removable hardtop/softtop combo would help with a market niche that currently only J**P is capitalizing on.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I think it could be much better...

Still a year before it comes out though...

it's pretty cool but it needs a removable top, i need more pics!!

Firetruck41 - I don't think that the spare tire has been thought out. The concept had the rear license plate mounted where the spare is shown. That could be easily moved down to the bumper, but the concept also had a clam shell rear hatch, but that would be impossible if the spare is mounted directly to the rear hatch.

2007? What happend to next year?

So what are we guessing? 30k. I bet it's about the same price as a Taco. Once you load it up I bet it's near 40k

They said the price would be a "suprising value". Hah.

firetruck41 said:
That's not what I heard, I think they said it is NOT the prototype, but is a full exterior execution, but the interior needs to completed, and there may be some refinements before it comes to market

Uhhh, did I say that it's a prototype? Didn't think so. I said, read again, that it's not the end product. You say that it may need some refinements before it comes to market

Gee, really? :doh:

cruisermaine said:
modified 4 runner chassis not taco

Uhhhh.... 2005 4Runner and 2005 Taco have the same the same chassis.

fj40crusher said:
2007? What happend to next year?

So what are we guessing? 30k. I bet it's about the same price as a Taco. Once you load it up I bet it's near 40k
21-27k, is my guess, no where near 40k or even (much) over 30k IMHO. Otherwise it would be competing with the 4r.

firetruck41 said:
21-27k, is my guess, no where near 40k or even (much) over 30k IMHO. Otherwise it would be competing with the 4r.

I believe your close on price, with limited production will you even be able to get one the first year :confused: will dealers sell them at sticker+ knowing people will line up to buy one???

honk said:
Uhhh, did I say that it's a prototype? Didn't think so. I said, read again, that it's not the end product. You say that it may need some refinements before it comes to market

Gee, really? :doh:
Your right you didn't say it was a prototype, you said:
This is a market trial to guage interest.

Some people might interpret that to mean it is not a vehicle intended for production, IE. prototype
;p

Deep South Cruisers said:
I believe your close on price, with limited production will you even be able to get one the first year :confused: will dealers sell them at sticker+ knowing people will line up to buy one???

Right. Dealer additional markup will set records probably, and if you try to bargain they'll just smile.

Dealer can smile all they want. I ain't buying that.

firetruck41 said:
Your right you didn't say it was a prototype, you said:

Some people might interpret that to mean it is not a vehicle intended for production, IE. prototype
;p

Some people. I've seldom if ever given a RF what people interpret - that's their doing, not mine.

Well i think the FJ has potential...that is all i will say, before i go spending 40, 30, 20, or even 17k on that thing it better be alot more then what i saw on the unveiling footage. As far as i'm concerned i'll spend 15-20k on an 80 w/ 3 lockers, ome, arb, winched and murder that thing. seriousyl, what does that have that an 80 doesnt? plus its twice the price, or more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom