Toyota Trails-Content (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have have been been a Cruiser owner for 15 years now but only in the last 3 years have been apart of this community. Partly due to money(couldnt afford to do anything to my cruiser) and also just didnt have the time. Now i do and I enjoy reading the TT magazine. It would be cool to have a nice combination of some realisitic builds, or tech as well as some of the expedition stories. I know while I am often intrigued by the level of knowledge of some, my goal with my cruiser is to 1-Learn how to work on it some, 2-read the write ups on great events across the country that I could some day try to attend, and 3-read up on good solid reviews of products that other have experience with both short term and long term. For the most part i do enjoy what is in the TT.
as far as going digital, i spend so much time on a computer that it is refreshing to actually have it in print. do I think some money can be saved on printing cost, Probably, but the amount of money per issue is prob not enormous so if why not do color.
A last page section of readers rigs, or worst stucks, or coolest shots would be great too.
Keep it simple though.Land Cruisers are simple, most of their owners are fairly simple and I for one will tell you my current abilities of working on my own are simple but are getting better.

I have every TT from the last B & W. A section on "How about a reprint" would be nice for newer members, like Morgan"s tool for centering front axles. Could they be scanned and re-entered?

The need for the editors and elected members pleading for content and input from the other members and clubs. (Edit: Todd and Art and others should not have to resort to begging us for material for TT. Come on guys, let's step it up.)

Jim

You know they are desperate when they consider a story from me. :grinpimp:

I like TTs. I enjoy the anticipation of waiting for my copy in the mail. Digital magazines/books suck. There is nothing like sitting down with a "good read" and taking one's time, page by page. I like the tech stuff and have learned a lot. But I really like dreaming after reading the expedition stories. That's what LC's are for. Getting out into the boonies, self-sufficient, and not having to worry about your rig. Plus, it's those remote places that get the best vehicles from Mr. T. Great locations with cool rigs add up to the best stories.

This is kinda funny for me.

I didn't renew my membership when it ran out because I was planning on selling the crusher.:crybaby:

It didn't happen and I now have a renewed interest in it:D

That said, I went to the inlaws lake house yesterday for new years day and what did I take with me.....????

An old copy of TT:cheers:

I'd like to see more color photos of the rescue rigs, expeditionary types and work vehicles, be it ranches, farming, law enforcement or what ever?

Of course the gathering coverages are good too.

I'm not a crawler or a mudder and don't really have the tools to do as much work on my own rig as I'd like (I'm working on that part though), but just the same, the content still appeals to many.
I'm just an old fart that wants to go camping and canoeing and not have to worry about how I'm getting there and back:cheers:

Final thought-Keep a little of all of it to please the masses and work on editorial content, picture quality and delivery times and you'll be fine IMO.

Digital magazines/books suck.

I cannot agree more. As someone who takes my magazines to work (where I have hours and hours to sit in a chair and read to stave off boredom) in the plastic covering and refuses to read a single word when I'm not there, a digital version would hold NO value for me.

There is nothing like sitting down with a "good read" and taking one's time, page by page. I like the tech stuff and have learned a lot. But I really like dreaming after reading the expedition stories.

Agreed as well. I like tech. Even if it's an FJC (which I don't really care about, or will ever own) I still read it. Lots of good ideas there, and who knows--someday maybe I might have to work on one or something.

But I really, really enjoy the stuff about people and the things they are doing. Whether it be an expedition, to trail cleanup or work weekends (the RS wheel bearing party comes to mind) I find that more and more interesting. Interesting side note: from TT I recently learned that some old friends of mine not only have a cruiser, but were at Rubithon.

FWIW--the only other things I subscribe to are Overland Journal, and the American Truck Historical Society's magazine.

Dan

Has there every been a Reader Rides section?

The section could comprise of a single picture of a persons rig and a "spec only" type write up on it? Maybe two pages and 8 rigs per issue.

Like Petersons does in there publication.

Has there every been a Reader Rides section?

The section could comprise of a single picture of a persons rig and a "spec only" type write up on it? Maybe two pages and 8 rigs per issue.

Like Petersons does in there publication.

I second this idea.

Brought it up a few years ago with no luck.

I second this idea.

Brought it up a few years ago with no luck.

I believe this has been address. If not in this thread, in another. It was tried. It didn't work.

My only complaint is about the amount of ads infiltrating the entire magazine. I'd prefer to see them all at the end of the magazine - so I can look at them when I want to and they don't take away from the articles. And when I'm looking for a certain ad so I can call them I don't have to scan through the entire magazine.

I wrote up an article on algae in diesel fuel but never saw it go to print... not sure why ;)

colour pics = good. B/W at back is nice too.

My $0.02

i'm still wondering if kowboy wants to buy the white cat or the one under the tire?

My only complaint is about the amount of ads infiltrating the entire magazine. I'd prefer to see them all at the end of the magazine - so I can look at them when I want to and they don't take away from the articles. And when I'm looking for a certain ad so I can call them I don't have to scan through the entire magazine.

I wrote up an article on algae in diesel fuel but never saw it go to print... not sure why ;)

colour pics = good. B/W at back is nice too.

My $0.02

Interesting, diesel related cruiser facts, would of like to of seen that article myself.

Huh?

I've had pics and articles published since then and everything else I've submitted has been printed.

I know they have to pick through a pile of stuff, been buggin John to do a write up since he is the edumicated one.

Yeah, I know... Didn't really care, just figured it must've sucked. :)

Maybe lighten up on the copyright rules if you can. I still dont understand why a story if approved by another magazine could not be published in TT the whole idea is to promote the magazine and show just how close a family we really are. Again I do not understand the rules behind submitting a story but dont close the door until all options are looked at. Thanks

Cat

Wife's cats, would love to let them go but you how that would go. I am just glad I get to park one in the garage. Take care Garner
007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom