Toyota Trails collectors I need your help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I'm trying to put together a history of GSMTR and thought the articles in the TT's would be perfect. Problem is I don't have anyone who has them all or some I can scan. Anyone out there willing to scan any or all the articles and e-mail them or upload them to my ftp site?

Thanks for looking. I'll make sure credit is given. I know it's asking a lot.

marshall@828rugs.com

Marshall,
I know articles have been written about GSMTR in publications in addition to TT. Specifically, a friend at work showed me an article about GSMTR'96 as inspiration to register for '97. I will ask if he still has it. There maybe more.

Good luck in your search.

Marshall,
Looking through TT from 1997 thru 2002, I found 4 articles. They are

1998 Nov/Dec issue
cover photo is from GSMTR
page 7: GSMTR by Dave Plummer

2000 Nov/Dec issue
page 6: Tales from Tellico by Ashleigh Morris

2002 Jan/Feb issue
page 38: GSMTR various quotes

2002 Sep/Oct issue
page 10: Geesmitter Report by Dave Safford

Do you already have these? I am in the same boat as you with regard to no scanner. Also, have you checked 2003 to the current issue yet?

A side note: I think the 1998 article by Dave Plummer was the first year he attended event. Not only did he attend GSMTR for the first time, but he brought his wife, Mysti and she was in her 3rd trimester. They also tent camped at McNabb, so they must of had a very memorable trip.

Found these TT articles this morning;

Nov/Dec
Page 15
Road Trip to GSMTR by Tim Osting

Mar/Apr
Page 47
Chapter Spotlight: STLCA Cruising Southern Style by Pete McPherson

Nov/Dec
Page 40
The GSMTR Takes Its Tol by Chris Basehore

Sept/Oct
Page 44
Hoosier Cruisers- Shakedown for GSMTR 2006 with the FJ Cruiser Trail Team by Jim Klubens

July/Aug
Page 14
GSMTR '07 by Todd J Kaderabek

Nov/Dec
Page 33
Tellico Under Attack by Heather Spivey

In 4WD Toyota Owner, I found this article

Sept/Oct
Page 42
GSMTR: Rain and Fog at Tellico by Page St Clair

Wow thanks. I just need to find someone who will scan then. But at least this helps narrow what needs to be done. 18 years of TT is a lot of material to look through.

I do have the 95 article from 4wheeler mag. It's a really good one. But that's it.

I'm still amazed TLCA didn't keep an electronic archive of all past material. Definetly needs to be something they need to look into. Especially for clubs to be able to do research. A simple ftp site and just give authorized people a temp pass to go get what they need for maketing would make something like this a great asset to local clubs and TLCA.

I've done this with UC. It has been a great way for new officers to get up on history of the club.

... 18 years of TT is a lot of material to look through.

Marshall,
I do not have the pre-97 TT so I only covered the last 12 years. I will check with two guys that may have copies from these years.

Glad to help

pm me your email. i have tt's going back to 89 and i know i have three consective years of gsmtr articles from the major rags. oh, yeah, and i have a scanner;)

I'm still amazed TLCA didn't keep an electronic archive of all past material. Definetly needs to be something they need to look into. Especially for clubs to be able to do research. A simple ftp site and just give authorized people a temp pass to go get what they need for maketing would make something like this a great asset to local clubs and TLCA.

You might check with Todd for PDFs of the more recent articles. Anything that was before his era as editor is not in his possession (I asked back when I was TLCA webmaster).

You could check with Henry Brimmer for the late 90s stuff, but it will probably be easier for you to simply scan the articles.

I have a vcr video produced by 4x4 4U, America's Video Magazine of the 1994 Great Smoky Mountain Trail Ride.
It was the year I attended so it has video of my old 1982 FJ40 and video of everyone else who was there in 1994.
It has been a long time since owning a vcr player but I remember it being of OK quality.

Let me know if your interested.

devo

did you get my four emails? it looks like they got kicked back because your email won't handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom