Toyota Stout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mntoyx4.com
So I was chatting with a guy in our business park the other day and we somehow got on the subject of Toyotas.

He mentioned he has an 85 pickup, and 88 4unner with a 95% complete 3.4 liter swap, and an 93 4 runner awaiting a newer 3.0 that he has sitting in the garage.

Then...

He mentions to me that he has a 64 or 65 Toyota Stout that is mounted on an 83 4wd chassis. He goes into great detail about all the years and all the work he put into it. Body was chemically stripped and zinc coated. Bling bling paint. The entire chassis was stripped along with axles etc and painted. The rear tire wasn't centered into the wheel well, so he cut some material in the front and added some in the back to match.

Apparently he hasn't driven it at all since he completed it. He said it was just too nice.

So I just happed to need to go to his place yesterday and damn did I wish I had my camera with me. All I got was a cell phone pic.

It is just amazing. He built the front and rear bumpers, along with a headache rack and bed rails. The amount of work that went into this thing is unreal. He even has SR5 gauges that he made fit in the original gauge pod.

Like I said the bumper is home made. For the square tubing hoop he had to make 50 small pie shaped cuts and weld it up to make the bends he did. He couldn't bend it cause it would just kink it.

So anyway, here is a pic in all it's glory. It's a shame that it's just sitting in his garage. Better than sitting in a field somewhere...

Very Nice.
There's one for sale in my local paper right now. '65, clean title, straight body, $2500 obo

That thing would be really cool with a hopped up 22R under the hood.

Damn!

That thing would be really cool with a hopped up 22R under the hood.

Since it's on an 83 chassis it prolly is a 22R.

That one looks very cool.
Did they ever come in 4wd?
I saw my first one of those earlier this year on a trip back home to So Dak at a auto museum tourist trap place. It was a 2wd.
I also had never seen one or knew they existed until that point.

VERY COOL.

But it's a damned shame he spent so much time on a bumper just to have it look so butt ugly.

VERY COOL.

But it's a damned shame he spent so much time on a bumper just to have it look so butt ugly.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom