TOYOTA sticker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know when this TOYOTA sticker on the rear sil started?

I know it was on the '64 model, and no longer on the '65 model, but I could not find it on anything '63 or earlier.

So, was this a '64 only sticker?
Rear TOYOTA sticker red circles.JPG

Good question, a good parts book would say when we started the wrap around TOYOTA emblem. Did a dealer have something to do with putting these on?

The first evidence I have seen of the wrap around "Toyota", and "4Wheel Drive" was with the '65 corrugated top model, on the driver's rear corner.

I looked over all the stuff I have, and can't find any image of a '61, '62, or '63 with any "TOYOTA" on the back of a 40.

With the FJ25 there was a white and chrome TOYOTA emblem on the tailgate of the soft top models. But none on the hard tops. Curious since the license plate bracket was on the left rear corner leaving the left barn door clear. Then with thh FJ40 all models had a spare tire on the back and the license plate filling the other area of the barn doors/tailgate. Guessing in 64 marketing said putting the Toyota name on the back would help with product recognition (sales). Quick fix was the sticker and permanent was the white and chrome emblem on the corner similar to the one that was on the 25 soft top only a little smaller to fit.:meh:

STICKER

With the FJ25 there was a white and chrome TOYOTA emblem on the tailgate of the soft top models. But none on the hard tops. Curious since the license plate bracket was on the left rear corner leaving the left barn door clear. Then with thh FJ40 all models had a spare tire on the back and the license plate filling the other area of the barn doors/tailgate. Guessing in 64 marketing said putting the Toyota name on the back would help with product recognition (sales). Quick fix was the sticker and permanent was the white and chrome emblem on the corner similar to the one that was on the 25 soft top only a little smaller to fit.:meh:
I have a 1963 Motor trend magazine with all the specks and it is not in any of the photos
Picture 1101.jpg
Picture 1102.jpg

I have a 1963 Motor trend magazine with all the specks and it is not in any of the photos

Cool pics!

While I do not have that issue, I do have those pics, and noticed the missing sticker as well. Very interesting that it might have been a one year only thing.

I looked at those pics also, and that I can make out, the 40 pictured has the short posts, so most likely an early '64, possibly produced end of '63...my '64 was also produced fall of '63. On a side note, interesting to see it with a round mirror, and not the long rectangular mirror usually seen on '64s...

I think Living In The Past's theory might be the best explanation for the sticker.
Land%20Cruiser-50.jpg
Land%20Cruiser-49.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom