Toyota R&D Reading, We Want a 70 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

firetruck41 said:
I have to agree with Gumby, still not sure why this is whole thread is in the FJ Cruiser forum. If your "sick of talking about it", it does not show. Maybe Gumby will do the FJ Cruiser forum a favor and move this to chat!

Not sure what you're trying to say, but their have been alot of posts about crazy people spending $50k on a Land Cruiser, keep in mind that many people on this board bought their LC used, just like you probably did, because they wanted a great rig but let someone else take the depreciation hit. I think the ~$20-25k that most guys have spent on a UZJ100 is a good deal, even compared to a $20-25k FJ40 (purchase price + mods), they are not the same but both could be considered great deals for their intended purpose.

On the contrary, I think I'm the sane and LUCKY one in this foum! :)

I bought the 2001 new and off-roaded it from the start. During the 1st year I almost destroyed it's body several times on 3.5+ trails. The mods began at it's 2-month old mark and are still going today. Who cares about depreciation when for the past 90K miles I've been able to off-road and on-road this thing.

Lastly, I've enjoyed ONE HUGE benefit of buying this thing new that MORE than pays for the depreciation. Wanna guess what it is? It's:

The transformation of 80 and 60 owners from negative 100 off-road comments to "keep their mouth shut" NO comments. At first when the mods weren't there they dogged the 100 to no end. Now, those who ride with me have NO comments to make and instead they realize how lucky I am to have a 100 like mine. They know they can't leave me stranded anywhere because I can follow (or lead). :D

ShottsUZJ100 said:
On the contrary, I think I'm the sane and LUCKY one in this foum! :)

I bought the 2001 new and off-roaded it from the start. During the 1st year I almost destroyed it's body several times on 3.5+ trails. The mods began at it's 2-month old mark and are still going today. Who cares about depreciation when for the past 90K miles I've been able to off-road and on-road this thing.

Lastly, I've enjoyed ONE HUGE benefit of buying this thing new that MORE than pays for the depreciation. Wanna guess what it is? It's:

The transformation of 80 and 60 owners from negative 100 off-road comments to "keep their mouth shut" NO comments. At first when the mods weren't there they dogged the 100 to no end. Now, those who ride with me have NO comments to make and instead they realize how lucky I am to have a 100 like mine. They know they can't leave me stranded anywhere because I can follow (or lead). :D
You are Lucky, I'm sure, no way you actually deserved a brand new 100 :D (j/k for those who don't get the smiley) Really though, no argument from me, nothing wrong with those who can afford and enjoy the benefits of a brand new UZJ100. Just wanted others to realize that maybe there is not that much financial difference for the product/featres you get, especially for those able to purchase a used 100 series. I could care less about a warranty on a used 100 series, after owning my 200k mile 80 series and seeing how well it held up, I have the utmost confidence in Araco, and Cdan is only a phone call away :)

firetruck41 said:
You are Lucky, I'm sure, no way you actually deserved a brand new 100 :D (j/k for those who don't get the smiley) Really though, no argument from me, nothing wrong with those who can afford and enjoy the benefits of a brand new UZJ100. Just wanted others to realize that maybe there is not that much financial difference for the product/featres you get, especially for those able to purchase a used 100 series. I could care less about a warranty on a used 100 series, after owning my 200k mile 80 series and seeing how well it held up, I have the utmost confidence in Araco, and Cdan is only a phone call away :)

RIGHT ON. That's why we're looking for another 80 or 100 (used). :)
I will tell ya.....in order to get that new 100 and modify it? MANY OTHER SACRIFICES WERE MADE! I'm not rich (well, except I have my wife and kids). :cool:

ShottsUZJ100 said:

Those comments are not made to denegrate your 100 series ride. I'm sure it has a lovely ride. Those comments are made to tell you that nobody in a "Tell Toyota We Want a 70 series / SFA" thread wants to hear how adept your IFS is. This thread has changed into another IFS is great thread and we would like to change it back to a 70 series/SFA thread. If you don't like the 70, that's your business. As for the rest of us, we like the 70 regardless of how terrible and archaic you might think it is.

No, that would be me. :D

I think IF toyota R&D read this they would think we are a bunch of arguing sissys!

concretejungle said:
I think IF toyota R&D read this they would think we are a bunch of arguing sissys!

Yep. It's because we're the radical minority. Everyone else in the US would ask for:

IFS
smooth ride
powerful engine
good lucks
all the safety gear
roomy
room for child seats
etc
etc

And ya wonder why live axles are goidn bye bye?

Yea, but if they want that, then they can buy a multitude of other Toyota products. If you are looking at anything with the name FJ or Cruiser on it and it's made by Toyota, it should be a TRUCK!!! With SFA.

concretejungle said:
Yea, but if they want that, then they can buy a multitude of other Toyota products. If you are looking at anything with the name FJ or Cruiser on it and it's made by Toyota, it should be a TRUCK!!! With SFA.

Agreed...mid 90's.

Not agreed in 2005.
A truck doesn't have to have a SFA to be a truck. If you'd a been on the run with me Saturday you'd a been amazed at the 100. Frickin' amazed. And I have the benefits of IFS 24/7 too. :)

ShottsUZJ100 said:
Yep. It's because we're the radical minority. Everyone else in the US would ask for:

IFS
smooth ride
powerful engine
good lucks
all the safety gear
roomy
room for child seats
etc
etc

And ya wonder why live axles are goidn bye bye?

Not so, cup holders would be #1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom