TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks GTS! I just went to the Esso at McKenzie and Quadra and filled up on diesel. 14 cents cheaper than anywhere else! 161.9 for regular gas 😱😭

Hey, that's exactly where I took that picture. That station often has the cheapest diesel. I'm lucky I live 2 minutes away.

Spotted this fj60 in my favourite colour. Blond
F89D82BB-5E88-4980-879A-1FD93F085DF4.jpeg

Last edited:
Do any of you guys contribute to, or use GasBuddy?
Haven’t in a while... not since prices were last all over the place.
Ya I don’t live far either. Good to know it’s usually the cheapest. I usually go to Coop
It’s the closest station to my place also. I usually fill up the car at the Co-op and Rig at the card lock. The card lock is good in that it usually is 3-4 cents per litre less than retail... the downside is you don’t know the price you’re getting till the monthly invoice arrives. For a business vehicle it eliminates the need to save fuel receipts... it all arrives conveniently on a monthly statement in the mail.

However, after using their high speed pumps, slow pumps seem extremely slow. I had one pump in the USA that I gave up on after I put about $15 in... while I was filling up, the kids had got bored, walked to the 7-11 across the street, waited in line, bought some chips, walked back, climbed back in and put on their seatbelts... all before I had pumped 1/4 of a tank.

Pretty sure that's the one Jason at Cruisin' Off Road did a bunch of work on. It's got a 1KZ in it.
Super cool unit.

Saw this in Vancouver last month. Looks pretty cool to me🐣

View attachment 1957780
10/10 on cool factor. I seem to remember stumbling on a build thread for this when he was 1/2 done and thinking it would either be amazing or a mess. Amazing it is.

60 series I bought today with 200k. Original owner up here. Runs awesome. Been sitting in sandspit for a while beside the ocean...poor thing. View attachment 1959710View attachment 1959709

And I thought my frame was bad when I replaced it... that looks a lot like the frame my 45 parts rig didn’t have. :D

Oh to be able to go back in time... I bought my rear springs off a neighbor on Stellys Rd... took them off a mint 60 frame he had in his yard. He bought it for a project and then decided to go a different direction. Oh well... it’s not likely he still has it 27 years later.

Last edited:
I think I've found my next big project... 80 series frame swap with upgraded arms and coils o_O

Cool, nothing that time and money can’t build. There are a couple ongoing threads in the
60’s section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom