TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She was a good girl all summer, so I bought her some jewelry.

View attachment 3104344

I'll take the aprons off and give them a squirt of green before mounting.

Wasn't sure if they'd be knockoffs when I ordered but if they are, they're pretty damn nice.

Like alarmingly so...😳
Where’d you order them from?

Where’d you order them from?
An aus ebay seller. Seems to have lots of them. Weren't particularly cheap, but shipping was only 8 bucks, which seemed pretty reasonable considering I've sent smaller packages across bc and had it cost 3 times that.

I looked for them a couple years ago, and struck out ( or more likely I cheaped out.. ha ) but I haven't had to do anything to the truck in so long I was almost feeling guilty :lol:

Wow, that guy I sold Andy to works fast... :lol: :flush:

He also travelled a long ways…

4932E16B-C8C1-4899-94F8-44416603D36E.jpeg

Here’s from down the road a few blocks.

42BC0C0F-A349-4844-9A1C-4859A5F1FB03.jpeg

And a bit further south.

5DEC24E0-E469-42BD-B1CB-1C6CB4F1B130.jpeg

And later that day a bit North.

Sometimes knuckles can look like that when the axle seal is still ok. Although @stevebradford, yours looks particularly oily, lol.

Ever notice how your grease gun can be oily on the outside after sitting for a while? Oils seem to seperate from grease over time. I've found same thing happens to the grease in the knuckle. Oil can separate out of the grease as it ages and leak out around the axle ball. Looks like diff oil, but its not.

In any case, probably time to do all those seals anyhow....

Sometimes knuckles can look like that when the axle seal is still ok. Although @stevebradford, yours looks particularly oily, lol.

Ever notice how your grease gun can be oily on the outside after sitting for a while? Oils seem to seperate from grease over time. I've found same thing happens to the grease in the knuckle. Oil can separate out of the grease as it ages and leak out around the axle ball. Looks like diff oil, but its not.

In any case, probably time to do all those seals anyhow....
This is true. That why I run “dry” knuckles.

Mate of mine in Cali showed me that trick many years ago. Basically just don’t pack the knuckle with grease… not an optimal set up if your rig sees a lot of water or you are slack on regular maintenance (like lube and check everything every 6mos). YMMV

But that being said, I’ve been doing it for years with no issue.

I also run those “forever” knuckle seals and not the factory felt rubbish. I think trailqueer used to sell them and longfield back in the day (mine are still mint many years later).

Marlin seals all the way and having a few spares around for future use is a solid strategy. They are often out of stock… you’ll pay more from the resellers online.

I can’t remember where I found a very similar seal in oz… perhaps even a little better design for far less… I’ve gone through all but one set in my little stash of parts/seals. 😐

Cheers
Crusty

Didn't get a picture this time, but Elanor's BJ70 RHD was on the road ahead of me on Quadra near McKenzie today. I understood from @GTSSportCoupe that she was going to get it back on the road... the thing that looks very odd is to see a vehicle on the road with tags that expired in 2017. Seemed to be running well, with no visible smoke, and keeping up with traffic. All of which are a bit of a feat for a diesel Cruiser. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom