TOYOTA PIC OF THE DAY POST (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little strip tease action...

Instigated by a trip to coombs for a water tote, that wouldn't quite fit under the rack.

You can leave your hat on...:lol:

aVkDIu7aYjhew4CF7kmV5_UGNMYlcBHCI1WbCwNtb8YV7Piaw_rcLfaD6Bgq5qzMlmwsB9TPqTJ1rLHgkAGigJReZlLXhgYiwqRBJZTAz_sjVXAaWAA0L4UWuVTr3TdaBMo7kiZBZOIvG_fPlrGaIowOfWiGUP2WeVNuAywdWpAUO0RoysNH0HNcyLutHviBFlD28nqnhPJOJtMXztmSwHjEqSwoeluHNKsxMOQUXe2f2TydgFYiCWJhQmmasA8IU4cex_SE7cY6dleX9UqhHEzkO34EPB7_UwqUnrGIh0ja3ITqSsk2KPsMYjqO7faCZUI72WL5EIbe_0HkfPcGd4cJZwS7nZAogF9h15rCx04y81OlExA5Ud0cXSGhBh5Yo8JTdVgS8k97v96lHuq7OhQ8UHfwnQZD72TQpAxvZXdSceDUFEsNoEQUwQyNiapl8878kD3bMySfQPbgFskrYblO2MWL7mH3KX3aKlHCVLGT9QqMidNUW6ehuL3SUBI2ox7ikFT2dIGTuF-w_Z9xeRBI7BLOJ-qmxoJVKqXqXAuVs2lFQHCfiMfEI1mE9GBzsNYHxNFp7mXQBPcrUFEVhR-JNbcjJY9uNwXt_zV7xY_8R9F1MYEG-v6dRyDo2C__XFRNvgJRAxyFZ8QuS-7MTba1oRxnFxmbeGtZpEckeF7Z0CJzmKO7D5jXPmCXnA0vV7UTn74BezkbSNcAfYrUmc_H=w834-h625-no

Wish these s***ty half doors weren't necessary, but c'est la vie.

Had a motorcycle cop once tell me it wasn't safe because my legs could come out and get crushed in an accident.

Cool story bro, why then, is your bike legal? :rolleyes:

PXL_20210624_213352447.jpg

Think I'm still a half inch too tall to fit in the shop on that side.

If it starts to rain, I'll just drag Andy out with the tractor and push it into the woods until @Toshi38 comes looking for it :flipoff2: :lol:

Last edited:
That would look really good on the Whipsaw this weekend! Sure you can't make it?
i still have my 60 on Jack stands to install new Sumo gears into t case. This truck has no
winch or recovery hooks. Just don’t know if I’ve got enough time to get it all done.

i still have my 60 on Jack stands to install new Sumo gears into t case. This truck has no
winch or recovery hooks. Just don’t know if I’ve got enough time to get it all done.
Come on your almost done ;) little grinding on the case and away you go..

T minus 36 hours! 😆
You can do it, set up some cameras in the shop, and it'll be just like any of the TV auto customizing shows... done in no time at all!

T minus 36 hours! 😆
You can do it, set up some cameras in the shop, and it'll be just like any of the TV auto customizing shows... done in no time at all!
I decided to wait for new McNamara gear to arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I’m hoping
to provide a thread in the 60’s forum for the rebuild.

I decided to wait for new McNamara gear to arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I’m hoping
to provide a thread in the 60’s forum for the rebuild.
I'm curious to see this... And how you'll like the gearing set up. If I missed it earlier, what gear ratio

I'm curious to see this... And how you'll like the gearing set up. If I missed it earlier, what gear ratio
I went from 3.73:1 to 4:11 and installed a set of Marks 3.0:1 low, 1:1 high. I’ve recorded 87 Db’s with
the Marks gears - in fact I believe I’ve suffered permanent hearing loss from them. ( I fly an airplane with
straight shaft Garretts, NC headsets, which I shouldn’t need to drive my land cruiser )
So when the new SUMO gears came out I was skeptical but now I’ve seen them I’ve just decided the
expense is worth replacing the Marks with SUMO’s, same gears.
The slight but very clear improvement in low range has been worth it. Especially on the +20 mining roads.

I put the 3.3:1 with the 10% under drive in the green truck.

Costs about the same as regearing the diffs to 4.56, but with the low range as a bonus.

The tcase needed a rebuild, it was actually louder before I installed the gears.

Interesting, thanks lads. I have no carpet in mine, and it's definitely loud and not sure what dB's are but it's mostly from engine and road noise - transfer seems quite quiet (rebuilt as well with I think 2.29:1, but 3.0 or 3.3 would be nice to have). I too am running 4.11, but with 33's so low gearing is actually rather good (much slower than walking pace in 1st and Low) - gotta like the 2H for that at least!

I have no carpet in BJ74, interior really to speak of. It’s so much quieter it’s like a car. My 60 has
thick Noico sound deadener, 1/8” mass loaded vinyl, TOTAL coverage from above heater to rear
floor, all seams taped and overlapped. And, it’s still 87 Db. So I am beyond certain this will quieten it down.
I have the big Toyo 285/75 R17 tires, if they were a bit narrower they might be better but as far
as noise, they are acceptable. I only hear them in the BJ74 with the roof off. Same tires both trucks.
I might, maybe, go back to 3.73’s. Would make it better cruising for sure, but that little difference off road
is worth it for me. I might go with the 4:1 and 10% down on the BJ74 in the future, but that would be only
if I were to upsize to 37” tires. I’d only do that for the cool big tire factor. No real need.

I really did want to do the Whipsaw with you all, but work sucked over one week extra out of me,
just not organized. I won’t head out like that with a bunch of people, not fair. I’m wiped out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom