Toyota FQ 15 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry but, I m recovering this truck. It's not for parts.

Winch, Geabox and transfer case are missing...
Can some One please post pictures of the divorced transfer case?
I hope this helps.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Cool to see familiar looking parts on such a beast of a Toyota. Looks like it has the same parking brake as the FJ25s.

This is mine VIN Plate:
IMG_20201115_112404~2.jpg
As you can see, year model 1964 is stamped, and frame number starts with a 4 ( 4 2FQ10-132...) (Old Style frame number)

Yours VIN Plate is a diferent model ( more modern).

Your number 153... Is greater than mine 132....

I don't known the year of your truck, but I bealive it is more modern than mine of 1964.

On FJ40s, when the serial number starts with a "2" indicates 1962 date of manufacture. But I see your VIN plate indicates an FQ15, and the frame stamping indicates an FQ10--both with the same numerical serial number? Rather odd situation.

On FJ40s, when the serial number starts with a "2" indicates 1962 date of manufacture. But I see your VIN plate indicates an FQ15, and the frame stamping indicates an FQ10--both with the same numerical serial number? Rather odd situation.
Taking the VIN of @GreenBJ in account I would say the 4-2FQ10 is 1964. With FJ40‘s the figure before the VIN indicates the year (until 1964). In 1965 the figure was gone. So @FQ15 ’s truck would probably be later than 1964, the VIN is higher.

here you find the 40 series registry. With some cruisers the engine numbers are noted. Which confirms your year.

to me I would say mine is a 1955 due to the model number stamp or is that just the weight ?

How did you tell what year model FQ15 you had?
The leading digit of the VIN is a 2, indicating 1962 production.

The leading digit of the VIN is a 2, indicating 1962 production.
Why must I have the mystery Year FQ15 / FQ10 Chassis LOL, well it runs well, I just need to fix a couple of issues and fix the dints and it will be good to go on a road trip.
I just want a Canvas canopy for my FQ15. If a Dodge M37 Canvas would fit I will happily run with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom