Todays wrenching (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good Lane. Hope you feel better. Better to be sick this week rather than next week though.

Well the project is done!:clap:

Rick, Nat, and I put the factory lockers from the 96 we got this spring in the 92.

Every things works just as it should.

Thanks Rick and Nat for all the work with this project.
P1080266.jpg

Did you go to the Mall for a road test?

Well the project is done!:clap:

Rick, Nat, and I put the factory lockers from the 96 we got this spring in the 92.

Every things works just as it should.

Thanks Rick and Nat for all the work with this project.

You betchya Lane, and I locked the axles to go over some curbs, it was great.

You are one wild guy!

You know it, Lane

However I think that a blow a birfield, the curb was not the normal 8" tall, but a full 12".
So I was have some trouble, turned the wheel hard right.
I guess that I have to check it out.

Man, a 12" curb! That's moving into Hardcore/Buggy wheeling!
What's next? Maybe a few puddles with some mud?

Rebuilt the last piece of steering linkage (FJ60 TRE connecting to the box)
Balanced a set of tires, 12 oz of weight.
Has cured the death wobble. Inspection on Monday. Still have little things to do
like figure out where the spare will go, maybe weld the sliders back on. New mirror.
Getting there.
Can someone with a CB tuning meter bring it to the FG so I can get that taken care of? (Rick?)

Rebuilt the last piece of steering linkage (FJ60 TRE connecting to the box)
Balanced a set of tires, 12 oz of weight.
Has cured the death wobble. Inspection on Monday. Still have little things to do
like figure out where the spare will go, maybe weld the sliders back on. New mirror.
Getting there.
Can someone with a CB tuning meter bring it to the FG so I can get that taken care of? (Rick?)
i have a meter im my truck i will make sure its at FG:D

Thanks, does the length of the co-ax cable make a difference?

my right rear hub was leaking some gear fluid. Upon inspection I had sheared a pin and all the studs were bent. Looks like the studs backed out slightly and things went south.

I've got new studs coming in tomorrow and a used hub for next week.

I need more wrenching time on my junk.

Put OME 863s (80 series heavy) on the 4runner today. Installing ball joint spacers on the IFS tomorrow and looking for longer shocks.

HJ-45 has oil contamination in cooling system. Had Tedd and his crew check for indications of bad HG. Oil is clean...no exhaust gases in coolant. We think its just a leak in the oil cooler. Have to bypass the cooler and flush everything good. Busy next several days.

Checked all the fluids and stuff and going over things getting ready for the gathering.

My rear diff was leaking so I figured that I would try to tighten the bolts. Well I found why the rear diff was leaking it was because the bottom bolt was stripped.

Anyone have any suggestions for fixing. I guess I could tap for a larger bolt or stud but there isn't a lot of room since its right near the he housing. Any ideas?

got the 80 up on ramps and started pulling off the elocker actuator.... wouldn't you know it there's 1 bolt I can't budget... and it's the hardest one to reach (top, towards back). Sprayed it with some deep creep and will try again tomorrow.

got the 80 up on ramps and started pulling off the elocker actuator.... wouldn't you know it there's 1 bolt I can't budget... and it's the hardest one to reach (top, towards back). Sprayed it with some deep creep and will try again tomorrow.

Dave....50/50 of acetone and tranny fluid will work 2-3 times better than Kroil or even PB blaster......if you have the fluids and time.

if you can get a 6 point box wrench for it. The factory bolt is a M8 with a 10mm head. Real odd duck in the fastener world.

Got the Q-78's mounted:bounce::steer::bounce2: just a little rub on the front leaf springs at full turn. Going to try and get them balanced today. Couldn't mount the spare anywhere (and still see out the back) so the tool box is out, spare is on the floor. Actually have a tail gate now, just need to figure out limiting straps. High lift is mounted to the cage down low, no more snagging trees. CB is installed. I confess though... tuning a CB??? never heard of it! Can you enlighten and tune mine at the FG?

Lane, glad the death wobble is gone and the tranny is working:cheers:

Jason, I had a bottom stud strip before and had zero luck finding a Heli-coil so I pulled the diff out and welded a new stud in from the back side. Seemed easier than swapping the housing.

Emergency surgery on a friends H-41 this weekend.

Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom