To Hell and Back Moab 2017 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you guys ever used MaxTrax to help build up the step instead of or in addition to the rocks? I'm assuming I could do that with mine but haven't had a need for it and don't intend to place myself in that situation intentionally. (I'm admittedly not hard core. :grinpimp:

It was brought up when we were crossing the golden crack.

As far as using them on steps, the tracks would have nothing to grip to keep from sliding so they would probably just be launched out the back of the vehicle like a baseball pitching machine.

For dirt or sand, sure. For slick rock, probably not.

We did try the mantras in a spot we were having trouble finding enough rocks. It didn't work well at all. We ended up dragging over a small log. It worked a lot better.

On 2nd run, I actually carried a log from the crack back to the spot i had a flat. 8 miles down the trail. At that point I was over it.....all of it...

OK. Good to know. I'll start lashing a log to my roof rack. ;)

@TonyP
email9086.jpg

So many awesome photos - great for us that are too far away to attend. Looks like the weather turned it on for you guys as well!!

So many awesome photos - great for us that are too far away to attend. Looks like the weather turned it on for you guys as well!!

True! Whether was gorgeous, and not nearly as hot as it could have been. Moab is always going to hot in late July...but it was about as good as it gets.

Ouch.

love this pic, so much going on! ZGerman rockin the Nikon, Greg flying the drone, and the convoy rolling through Poison Spider!
email7947.jpg

My Kuwait trip was canceled so if anyone wants another Moab trip, I'm in! :)

T,

Beat the hell out of it and then give it back to me.. I like seeing where I need to make armor stronger. So far the front is right inline and the rear will take two new plates per our recent inspection.

J

T,

Beat the hell out of it and then give it back to me.. I like seeing where I need to make armor stronger. So far the front is right inline and the rear will take two new plates per our recent inspection.

J

Repeat Golden Spike and try Rusty Nail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom