Tko sliders install notes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A nice quarter inch swivel (used snap on is cheap on eBay), a set of various extensions (icon from harbor freight is good value) with an electronic ratcheting wrench will make removal of the ahc cages quick and easy.

Broke em in!
IMG_1494.jpeg
IMG_1495.jpeg

keep the pics coming... Im almost sold on these. Anyone have an opinion of why I would go high and tight vs the kickout. My only hesitation with the kick out is it seems like 8 inches (at kickout) from the truck is pretty far out there.

keep the pics coming... Im almost sold on these. Anyone have an opinion of why I would go high and tight vs the kickout. My only hesitation with the kick out is it seems like 8 inches (at kickout) from the truck is pretty far out there.

Kickout helps me climb on to get stuff off the roof rack, it doesn't stick out that far and it prevents other drivers from opening their doors into ours :)

52918011702_a73ee194fb_h.jpg

Kickout helps me climb on to get stuff off the roof rack, it doesn't stick out that far and it prevents other drivers from opening their doors into ours :)

You had me at "prevents other drivers door dinging me" . Very solid rig. thank you for the pic! Kick out it is....

Kick out gives a bit more protection and an improvement over the stock side steps without, I think, much if added width…when you remove the stock side steps and add the slider, your toes can slide under the cab more…so even though these sliders don’t stick out further than stock (except right in front of the rear tire and even there only by a couple inches), they offer markedly more purchase for your feet when climbing into or o to the vehicle.

Pretty set on these. Do these give you a little more of a ‘step’ than the side steps on a LC200? Necessary for the littles. I’d be getting the kickout and the dimples down. They will weld them on.

Pretty set on these. Do these give you a little more of a ‘step’ than the side steps on a LC200? Necessary for the littles. I’d be getting the kickout and the dimples down. They will weld them on.
They give a bit more step on the lx570 not because they stick out particularly further…but because there’s a deeper foot pocket…so your feet can kind of go under the vehicle a bit more.

With the oem steps (lx570), I would always turn my foot a little sideways when using the step because otherwise it was just a “ball of the foot/toe” perch…with these you can step on them in a normal manner-you don’t have to cock your foot sideways to make sure you have a safe purchase.

They told me they had to be welded on a LC200?

They told me they had to be welded on a LC200?
Lc200 doesn’t have the ahc cages bolted to it in North America (there are ahc equipped lc200’s in other markets I think however)…

which means lc200 (North America) likely doesn’t have the frame mounting points for the ahc cages which the Tko sliders use to attach.

Welding sliders isn’t a bad idea on lc200 as there are no, that I know of, serviceable items on those frame rails..whereas on an lx570 welding sliders isn’t a good idea…because the ahc system and globes are there and will need to be serviced at some point.

Great write up! Def looking at these for sliders.

Same…I use the kick out to quickly step up onto the rear tire and mess with things on the roof.

Then when you get them, you can spend hours getting your custom made wiring harness and magnetic lights adjusted just right, since you saved the wiring harness from the original step light. The better (said easier) option is to use an LED light strip rather than my PITA triple light wiring harness. I did dimple up, thinking it would help with slipping. 🤷🏻‍♂️
IMG_5192.jpeg

Last edited:
Then when you get them, you can spend hours getting your custom made wiring harness and magnetic lights adjusted just right, since you saved the wiring harness from the original step light. The better (said easier) option is to use an LED light strip rather than my PITA triple light wiring harness. I did dimple up, thinking it would help with slipping. 🤷🏻‍♂️
View attachment 3541082

Looks good, so cut oem harness and install your own lights is your recommendation

Looks good, so cut oem harness and install your own lights is your recommendation

Yes, I kept the original plug on the step side and made an overly complicated three rock light harness where each rock light has a strong earth magnet attached so that I could move them around. Instead, the single led strip (on AMZN) attached to the plug cut from the original wiring harness would have saved me hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom