Tire wheel choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Black Friday is coming up and I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on 35s for my 08 LX. I’m looking at the Method 703’s in 17x8.5 with 35 offset/6.2” bs wrapped in Kenda 35x10.5r17. Anyone running this offset with skinny tire combo. Looking for feedback on fitment.
Thanks in advance.
IMG_0380.jpeg

That should work pretty well with the LX. You may need to do some minor massaging on the mudflaps or fender liners, but nothing huge. The +35 offset and 10.5 width is probably the least intrusive 35" tire combo you could get.

Myself I would check if that 35" tire is really 35"? What does the manufacture spec say?

You may want to look at the thread called Who is running 35's.

You are stock height right?

Myself I would check if that 35" tire is really 35"? What does the manufacture spec say?

You may want to look at the thread called Who is running 35's.

You are stock height right?
They are 34.76”. Close enough for me. My LX is stock height. I need the tire to fit through its full range of motion as I plan to wheel it quit a bit.

That should work pretty well with the LX. You may need to do some minor massaging on the mudflaps or fender liners, but nothing huge. The +35 offset and 10.5 width is probably the least intrusive 35" tire combo you could get.
Thanks for the input. That’s good to hear.

Like stated above, this is the least aggressive way to add 35s to an LX.

Here's a post showing same tire and a similar wheel. I think there are a few people running the Klever R/T in that size.

Food for thought, you may want to consider an 8" wide rim for 10.5" tires. 8.5" rim does well with 12.5" or wider tires.

If you wheel a lot, the wide rim will tend to not hold the tire bead as securely when aired down.

Also just my personal preference to have some tire bulge beyond the rim face.

I’m running the Kenda rt 35x10.5r17 on 35 offset. It’s a great fitment. As neutral a scrub radius as you can get with a 35” and no poke.

Food for thought, you may want to consider an 8" wide rim for 10.5" tires. 8.5" rim does well with 12.5" or wider tires.

If you wheel a lot, the wide rim will tend to not hold the tire bead as securely when aired down.

The Kenda’s run a little wide. 8.5 is the recommended wheel size for that tire as per Kenda.

I’m running the Kenda rt 35x10.5r17 on 35 offset. It’s a great fitment. As neutral a scrub radius as you can get with a 35” and no poke.
Do you have any photos to share?

I generally agree and I've seen enough tires come off the bead that it's an important factor.

Digging a bit deeper... it looks like there's two things that will help
- Kenda Klever R/T KR601 in 35x10.5 has a rim width fitment range of 7.0 - 9.5. So while being on the low end of that would be my preference, it's not on the far end either
- Method 703s have Bead Grip tech

Bead grip is real. The one thing I wish my rims had.

Still happy with them. Seems like a lot of tread left after almost 2 years.
Oh yeah, still love them.
I think I’ve used 4/32nd. Something like 7500 miles or so.

They have deep tread blocks like a lot of AT and MT tires do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom