35x10.5x17 Kenda Klever R/T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fireball

SILVER Star
Threads
Greetings all,

I have them in my cart and ready to hit BUY NOW! Automotive Tires, Passenger Car Tires, Light Truck Tires, UHP Tires | Automotive | Kenda Tires | Klever R/T Before doing so, I wanted to check to see if anyone had any experience with these tires and this size on a 200. Information seems hard to find.... a few weeks ago someone posted in the daily pic thread and had just put them on, but I can't seem to find that member / post.

I'll be running the Rock Warrior rims with 1.5" spidertraxx spacers. Have Ko2s on all my other trucks and have been very happy with them, and debating b/w the 285/75/17 ko2 and these 35x10.5 kendas. I am hoping that by going with the narrower 35s it will avoid most of the problems and hassles with running 35s that have been well documented on this forum. An email reply from Kenda suggests the published 34.76" height is when mounted.

Any other thoughts or feedback or especially real world experience would be greatly appreciated!

(Here's a pic of the 200 as it sits now, with new 285/70/17 k02s. These tires will be moved over to my work Tundra):

041.JPG

Unless you have a plan to deal with the KDSS Bar, you'll likely have severe interference. See here:
While narrow width and spacers may help, diameter is what causes the KDSS rub.

Cruiser 35s..jpg

That was probably me as I think I am the only one running them on a 200 in the states so far. I know some Aussies are running them as I chatted w someone that was running the 12.50 versions and I am assuming they dont have KDSS or they have done all the needed things to move it.

I am running mine on 17x8.5 0 offset wheels, your wheels will put the wheels well inboard and it is probable that your rubbing experience will be well different than mine.

Right now I get a TOUCH of fender liner rub while reversing in a cross axle flex at 2/3 lock, and BARELY kiss the KDSS arm at full lock (just enough to polish it, I do not notice it at all from the drivers seat).

With +60 offset even with those spacers, I suspect you will bury that tire into the KDSS arm pretty hard..

Last edited:
I should probably mention as far as the tires themselves are concerned I am happy with them.

The grip on rocks / dirt / general off road has been great, no chance of snow to test with yet.

The wet asphalt traction has been good for the moments of it I have experienced thus far (no real storms yet in CA this year).

They are very quiet for the aggressiveness of the tread, we will see if that holds as they wear. I have had many a tire that was quiet until it went past 50% of the tread depth.

The sidewalls are very reinforced but the tires ride somewhat "soft", you will get some of that from the height alone but they seem to have more lateral flex than my similar sized K02's on my Tacoma. That said the suspension is drastically different so its hard to do an apples to apples comparison.

hope that helps.

Yes, that's the truck! Many thanks for posting and sharing the information.

17x8.5 0 offset (4.75" backspacing) wheels you are running VS. the rock warriors which are 17x8 +50mm offset (4.5" backspacing). Even with 1.5" spacers, I believe the RW wheels would sit .5" closer than yours do. Does that sound correct, or I am not taking into account the different width of the wheels?

Yes, that's the truck! Many thanks for posting and sharing the information.

17x8.5 0 offset (4.75" backspacing) wheels you are running VS. the rock warriors which are 17x8 +50mm offset (4.5" backspacing). Even with 1.5" spacers, I believe the RW wheels would sit .5" closer than yours do. Does that sound correct, or I am not taking into account the different width of the wheels?

By quick math I think its closer to .7" but it will likely be enough to make the KDSS be very in the way.

That said, a relocation bracket is fairly simple and could solve it from what I understand.

I will likely do this myself to alleviate the small amount of rub I have now, and also with the expectation that I will later move to 37"s.

@drftsub can you please provide an actual mounted dimension of the Kenda's? Their tech support email person told me it was a true 34.75" but I somehow doubt that...

Thanks!

I had one of these tires mounted on a rock warrior with 1.25" spacer and it wasn't close to working. Would definitely need different offset wheels like @drftsub and be prepared to do some alignment work and KDSS relocation.

I ended up going with 285/75/17 ko2s to keep things simple and avoid all the additional work. The full set of Kenda's will be mounted and used on my BJ74, but I haven't gotten to that yet!

Any more reports on these tires? About to buy them for my 200
Thank youView attachment 2213333
On an LX? Sure. Some mild in wheel well work trimming and a sensor lift. You’ll have some issues with the running board at the front that will require plastic cutting.
That pic is a 18” rim, but I’m sure you know that.

On an LX? Sure. Some mild in wheel well work trimming and a sensor lift. You’ll have some issues with the running board at the front that will require plastic cutting.
That pic is a 18” rim, but I’m sure you know that.
Yes I bought 4 18” wheels. Ok thanks
I’m probs my goi g to stick with a 275 65 18
1” less will still be ok 🙄

Pushing the tire/wheel combo out further will help the KDSS problem but creates other problems. The wheel/tire combo will be so far out that it will not "tuck" into the fender properly. Pictured below is my setup flexing with 20mm offset wheels and 285/70 R18's, there is no additional room in the fender lip on my setup. All of the guys I wheel with that roll 35's on their 200's have larger bumpstops mounted to control upward flex, without that you will cause massive fender damage offroad. Sweetspot on these rigs in my opinion is a wheel with between 25mm and 35mm offset and a 34 inch tire, my 2 cents.

i-MdqPbtS-X2.jpg
i-pBhxWFP-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I bought 4 18” wheels. Ok thanks
I’m probs my goi g to stick with a 275 65 18
1” less will still be ok 🙄
I'd at least go to a 275/70R18. Plenty of tire selection and over an inch taller. You should have extremely limited if any rubbing stock.

Pushing the tire/wheel combo out further will help the KDSS problem but creates other problems. The wheel/tire combo will be so far out that it will not "tuck" into the fender properly. Pictured below is my setup flexing with 20mm offset wheels and 285/70 R18's, there is no additional room in the fender lip on my setup. All of the guys I wheel with that roll 35's on their 200's have larger bumpstops mounted to control upward flex, without that you will cause massive fender damage offroad. Sweetspot on these rigs in my opinion is a wheel with between 25mm and 35mm offset and a 34 inch tire, my 2 cents.

View attachment 2213733View attachment 2213741
Could you send a level pic? Please 😊

Bumping up this old thread. Anyone mounted a set of these on an LC yet? @grinchy is this the tire you're running?
No, I haven't invested in the 17" rims yet; when I do it will be head to head between this tire and the Goodyear MTR in 275/80r17. Right now I'm on Kenda, but their 18" narrow AT 275/80r18 (35.3")

@grinchy go with the Kendas! I am thrilled with this tire in LT275/70R18. No complaints and its off road traction has far exceeded my expectations. It’s been a light winter here in CA but so far they have gripped excellent in the rain, good siping, and did phenomenal in fresh snowy trails. Price stand point is great too. 5 kendas would be cheaper then 4 MTRs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom