tire supply shortage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its time for new meats. Its been three years and the cooper stt's are wearing down. I am ready to go up in size. Modest little 315's. Preferably before I run the Rubithon in July. I have been hunting for tires for the last week and have been told that my first choice GY mtr kevlars are on National back order. My second choice the km2 is apparently back ordered also. Cooper stts are hard to find. Is there a shortage of tires or are the tire salesmen just too lazy to find these things? :mad: Or is this common when tires reach sizes of 35" and beyond?

Try summit racing. They will price match plus about $54 dollars shipping for 4 and no sales tax for Kalifornia. Their website also shows availability. Also try tirerack.com they have a warehouse in Nevada that might have your tire in stock with under $80 shipping.

Have you tried COSTCO for the KM2?

You can order them at the store if not in stock and ofcourse no shipping charges.

You can also order them via the Costco web site, but last time I tried the 315 were not available through the website, so I went to the store and they ordered them for me.

Is there a shortage of tires or are the tire salesmen just too lazy to find these things?

Probably a little of both. Shop some other tire dealers. Summit has been good to me over the years for tires but so has my local tire store. My local store was able to find me my Generals this spring when no one online could. 4 Wheel Parts is not my favorite place personally but they usually have stuff in stock.

anything can be had for a price...

I settled for some big clunky toyo mt's. They should get the job done.

Have you tried COSTCO for the KM2?

You can order them at the store if not in stock and ofcourse no shipping charges.

You can also order them via the Costco web site, but last time I tried the 315 were not available through the website, so I went to the store and they ordered them for me.

Did you carry in your wheels or get them mounted some where else? Last time I went to Costco they wouldn't mount up tires unless they were within 3% of the stock diameter. The guy said they could do it if I carried the wheels in which I thought was weird, but short of taking the wheels off in the parking lot, I don't have a way to transport 5 wheels to Costco so they didn't get my business last time.

Did you carry in your wheels or get them mounted some where else? Last time I went to Costco they wouldn't mount up tires unless they were within 3% of the stock diameter. The guy said they could do it if I carried the wheels in which I thought was weird, but short of taking the wheels off in the parking lot, I don't have a way to transport 5 wheels to Costco so they didn't get my business last time.

No, I bought the tires and had them mounted at my friends shop.

Costco is a little picky on this... and they might not offer their warranties... etc.

One guy at costco said to me that if I got a statement from toyota saying that 315's will fit on a landcruiser with the added lift, then they will offer their install/warranty.. etc...

Yeah, likes that's going to happen.:flipoff2:

Anyways the manufacturer of KM2's offer a 2 year warranty, I assume that if you live in the states they should cover you, but shipping them back from Puerto Rico for said warranty would not be cost effective.

Warranty might not be a good deal. I did not have a road hazard warranty on my last two sets of five tires each. At $30 a tire X 10 tires that saved me $300. I am know at the minimum level to break even on a damaged tire by "self insuring".

Of course now that i "spouted off" I am guaranteed to destroy a brand new tire. Hopefully not, knock on wood.

I read somewhere a while ago that there is world rubber shortage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom