tire size question BFG K/O2 for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Discount tires has a presidents day sale with $100 off and a $60 rebate if using their charge card. I went by for an estimate and the sales guy said he would get 265/75R16 because they are much more readily available. Their price was $180 each. Works out to $853.40 before the $160 rebates) so if I do both rebates I would be out $693.40. That seems like a smoking good deal for those tires. My question is would you put that size tire on or not? It is clearly smaller than normal tire but by only .4 inch. 275/70R16 would be $130 more and they would have to special order them.

Thanks

Yay, just posted my 100th message! Where do I get my t-shirt?

Thats a great deal! But... how much off road use? If a decent amount I'd go 285/75R16.

Really...never. I like to hunt and will go out around the ranch but no rock crawling or anything.

It seems like a great deal, I just wonder if they will look too small? My son has 285/65R18's on his and they look so tough. I'm just cheap...

Really...never. I like to hunt and will go out around the ranch but no rock crawling or anything.

It seems like a great deal, I just wonder if they will look too small? My son has 285/65R18's on his and they look so tough. I'm just cheap...

Just search for "265/75R16" there are photos, see what you think.

That's a great deal, I just put 275/70R18 on mine and it was a hefty bit more than that. Love them though. But I'm not a hard core wheeler either.

If you haven't already you should get on their website and see if any surrounding stores (local to you) have your preferred size in stock. Just doing a quick online search, it looks like 285/75/16s are cheaper than 275/70/16s...just food for thought if you like the look (as most mudders who stick with 16" wheels seem to).

If you haven't already you should get on their website and see if any surrounding stores (local to you) have your preferred size in stock. Just doing a quick online search, it looks like 285/75/16s are cheaper than 275/70/16s...just food for thought if you like the look (as most mudders who stick with 16" wheels seem to).
Yeah that seems like the way to go. Total would be around $755 for the 285/75R16's. $50 more but a bigger beefier look...

Only $50 more? The choice seems clear to me because the 285/75 looks awesome.

...I went by for an estimate and the sales guy said he would get 265/75R16 because they are much more readily available. Their price was $180 each. Works out to $853.40 before the $160 rebates) so if I do both rebates I would be out $693.40. That seems like a smoking good deal for those tires. My question is would you put that size tire on or not? It is clearly smaller than normal tire but by only .4 inch. 275/70R16 would be $130 more and they would have to special order them....
Just to set one thing right: The 265/75R16 is actually slightly bigger than the original 275/70R16

And an extra 1.5 inches ride height/clearence
Thanks, I don't understand the tire size numbers and how to figure the differences so that helps me quite a bit.

4wheelprts.com just quoted me $878.53 out the door for 285/75R16 and would give me a $50 gift card for their store. That may be another option.

Never go backwards...

IMHO, remember too your rims are 8" wide. Just get the 285s and post pics!

Stock 2000 with 285/75r16 KO2s. Keeping them at 40psi. Loving them. Consider using 303 protectant if you get a lot of sun where you live.

IMG_20161228_131830491_HDR.jpg

If you're "just cheap" then look into some Falken AT3W - I got mine from America's Tire/Discount Tire and they were by far the cheapest, name-brand tire in an aggressive AT. I get that BFG makes a decent tire, but they do have their issues and everyone and their brother seems to run them.

Lol... if you REALLY want cheap. Check out Kenda Klever 285/75/16 @ $650.

Freaking love these things! Sick performance off-road.

I took advantage of their presidents day sale as well today. I went with 275/70/18 Cooper adventurer AT3.
with rebates it was 750 or so

Love the suggestions...Anyone familiar with goodyear Duratracs?

I put 265/75/16 bfg ko (old design) on my truck because that is what I had on my previous vehicle that I sold. I think the size is fine for me 95% highway driving but next time I may venture into a different tire brand. My truck came with stock size michelins and I can say it drove much smoother but looked terrible.

285/75/16 should lower your rpm's a little on the freeway which I may investigate more when the time comes.

Don't forget to get 5 tires. One for the spare and rotate them in so the tread stays within spec. The last thing anyone needs is a damaged tire and the spare doesn't match the tread depth.

I too advantage of their presidents day sale as well today. I went with 275/70/18 Cooper adventurer AT3.
with rebates it was 750 or so
great deal! I will look at those

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom