Timbren vs Durobump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Both the Timbren Active Offroad Bump Stops and the Durobump Offroad Bump Stops do the same thing, the Durobumps are slightly cheaper but Timbren is the house hold name in this market. For those of you that have either of these, why did you choose one in particular over the other. Any drawbacks or regrets, was the juice worth the squeeze?

I have Timbren front and rear. Picked front because they’re a 1/4” shorter and I don’t have a lift. Picked rear years back and liked their offset for the LX rear coils

I had the Durobumps on the front and they worked a lot better than stock. I needed something more robust and custom mounted King bumps.

Another option is @PerryParts bumps. @grinchy has been testing them out.

I had the Durobumps on the front and they worked a lot better than stock. I needed something more robust and custom mounted King bumps.

Another option is @PerryParts bumps. @grinchy has been testing them out.
Hey thanks for the shoutout!
I made my product to make bumpstops more affordable and accessible for folks, while also adding some features other bumpstops don't have.
PerryParts bumpstops are the only bumps out there with compression damping and a no-questions asked warranty! If you break 'em, I'll replace 'em. 🤘

Hey thanks for the shoutout!
I made my product to make bumpstops more affordable and accessible for folks, while also adding some features other bumpstops don't have.
PerryParts bumpstops are the only bumps out there with compression damping and a no-questions asked warranty! If you break 'em, I'll replace 'em. 🤘

What are they made from? They look 3D printed.

I've had Duro Bumps on an old 4Runner and on my current Tundra. I really like them.

I didn't give much thought between Timbren and Durobumps, other than I have Durobumps in the front. I do like them and they do the job. When I'm in AHC low coming off my driveway and hitting the gutter, it's easy to get into the bump stops. It makes a big difference from the factory to Durobumps with a softer and progressive feel. Running baja style offroad, the suspension feels endless and better managed g-outs.

abstof.jpg

DBF17T_final.jpg

I’ve been a fan of Durobumps ever since I ran them on my Montero. If you go to the timbren website, quite a few the of bump stops have the same PN per vehicle leading me to believe that Timbren invests in a bunch of marketing while doing a more one size fits all approach

I'll give the Duro's a try, ordered.

I'll give the Duro's a try, ordered.

Lemme know how it goes, last thing i need before i can really flex test my rig.

I’ve got the Perry parts versions front and rear.
Working great!
PerryParts can iterate quickly thru versions and is quickly improving specific fit for all the weird places we take the 200 chassis.

The differences between a longer travel lx with variable ‘lift’ And a lifted tlc are real, and PerryParts now has options for both.

As well as larger tire versions to control up travel at the limit.

@PerryParts, are your front bumps designed for 1 per side or two? If one per side, are they for the rear mounting position?

Was I supposed to order two sets of bump stops for the front? If I only have the one set should I install them on the front or the rear of the control arms and should I order a second set?

Was I supposed to order two sets of bump stops for the front? If I only have the one set should I install them on the front or the rear of the control arms and should I order a second set?

I had the same question when I ordered mine last week, but the Durobumps instructions clarify it. Only install behind the control arms, one per side.

I had the same question when I ordered mine last week, but the Durobumps instructions clarify it. Only install behind the control arms, one per side.

Oddly enough the instructions are missing from mine, only the bumps, hardware and a sticker were in the package. So keep the factory bumps in front of the arms and mount these at the rear of the arms?

Hey folks, sorry for the delay, I’m usually a bit more on it with responses. Blew up a diff yesterday in Moab and had to limp our way to civilization!

Answers to your questions:

Yes they’re printed, which lets us build in our compression damping, and tune the design for customers needs (like @grinchy mentioned). We have some high end machines with our own specially sourced material that enables these to be printed at scale.

For vehicles with four front mounting locations, start with one pair on the rear mounting spots, and add a second pair if you want more progressive feel.

We’re also the only bumpstops that have a no questions asked warranty. If you break them, we’ll replace them. The one thing I can’t do is test every use case, so this lets folks buy with confidence knowing I’ll support them if they do break.

Pic of the ring gear, and where we blew it up… just because I’m amazed we got off the trail!

9671ECB8-ECB8-4AD4-BB39-864AD8FB0DA9.jpeg

3E3FC746-EFDD-49CE-8E56-50B2265DEA0F.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom