Thread showing pics of no-flare 80s? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like flareless

7ACD327D-BB63-4E8E-874A-B4E341C6B1A8.jpeg

00E57FC3-6A06-4411-A18C-5D1C10309F93.jpeg

7CCE599C-D4C1-4852-8019-A044293347BF.jpeg

The 80 without the flares looks like a modernized 60, IMHO. I was on the fence for years, then deflared about 3 years ago. I love it deflared, though I do get more mud and rock chips flying up and bouncing off the sides when I'm on the trail. For me it's worth it, and the truck is narrower if you take it into tight spots. Having had my truck both ways for years, I'm happy I deflared. You can take yours off and leave the holes for a while and decide whether you want to reinstall them. It's only an hour or two to take them off or put them on, and that's if you're being careful (assuming no awful rust to deal with). I say go for it.

The 80 without the flares looks like a modernized 60, IMHO. I was on the fence for years, then deflared about 3 years ago. I love it deflared, though I do get more mud and rock chips flying up and bouncing off the sides when I'm on the trail. For me it's worth it, and the truck is narrower if you take it into tight spots. Having had my truck both ways for years, I'm happy I deflared. You can take yours off and leave the holes for a while and decide whether you want to reinstall them. It's only an hour or two to take them off or put them on, and that's if you're being careful (assuming no awful rust to deal with). I say go for it.
I totally agree that it looks like a more modern 60 series and that’s one of the reasons I like it flareless.
🍻

I totally agree that it looks like a more modern 60 series and that’s one of the reasons I like it flareless.
🍻
I’ve always thought the flareless 80 leaned more toward the looks of an FJ55 based on very basic body lines.

I’ve always thought the flareless 80 leaned more toward the looks of an FJ55 based on very basic body lines.
Yup, that makes sense, too. I happened to see a fully restored FJ55 last week, with a sweet V8 in it. I hardly ever see an Iron Pig on the road, less than once a year for sure. The guy parked it and I got to talk with him. He said it belongs to a car museum in Oxnard, CA, and is for sale, for six figures. It was absolutely beautiful, with an original 2 tone paint scheme and modern electric seats. It was one of the nicest Cruisers I've ever seen in person. And, yeah, I could see the lines from 55 to 60 to deflared 80. What a beauty...

If anybody takes off any / or has any 93-94 flairs, I'd be interested in buying them, I want to reinstall them as the PO did not save them. Color not important but good condition is. Saludos
IMG_7653.JPEG

I like 80s with and without depending on how it’s built. I feel like the without flares they look more NATO style, which I like. But for me I didn’t like rocks and mud hitting the paint. I bought my 80 without flares and decided to install aftermarket flares.

Without:
IMG_9002.jpeg

With: and some mods 😎
IMG_0809.jpeg

IMG_1334.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom