Thoughts on fj60 I'm looking at (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Go and look at it. Looks straight but that bed liner can hide alot. Oh it won't come off easily either.

I see some evidence of bondo or something around the rear wheel wells and lower rear 1/4s. Check the rear frame, it has a tendency to rust bad... look for "layer cakes" of rust on the upper and lowers of frame inner c-channel. deduct $125 for that awful bedliner job on the dash, so you can buy a good new used one.

I see some evidence of bondo or something around the rear wheel wells and lower rear 1/4s. Check the rear frame, it has a tendency to rust bad... look for "layer cakes" of rust on the upper and lowers of frame inner c-channel. deduct $125 for that awful bedliner job on the dash, so you can buy a good new used one.

Thanks. I'm not familiar with 60's. I have two 40's and an 80 now. Not sure about years to avoid or unusual places to look for problems.

Looks like a decent price, but that bedliner would be a deal killer for me.

I guess it depends what your plan would be for it.

Go see it and drive it. If it starts well when cold and runs well when hot it probably has a good weber carb. Not all weber conversions are a success but good ones work very well. With all the recent work done and the fact that he says it has a strong 2F I'd think if you can buy it for $3500-$3700 it would be a good deal as long as it runs well. I don't personally care for the rhino lining but it is what it is. Do check the frame- where it kicks up to go over the rear axle and also the crossmember that the tops of the rear shocks attach to. They are the common rust trouble spots. 87 is a good year, best version of the 2F with the good electronic distributor, and all ready for an H55 upgrade if that ever enters your mind.

Go see it and drive it. If it starts well when cold and runs well when hot it probably has a good weber carb. Not all weber conversions are a success but good ones work very well. With all the recent work done and the fact that he says it has a strong 2F I'd think if you can buy it for $3500-$3700 it would be a good deal as long as it runs well. I don't personally care for the rhino lining but it is what it is. Do check the frame- where it kicks up to go over the rear axle and also the crossmember that the tops of the rear shocks attach to. They are the common rust trouble spots. 87 is a good year, best version of the 2F with the good electronic distributor, and all ready for an H55 upgrade if that ever enters your mind.

Thanks. The rino lining is whats really holding me. I'm gonna go drive it next week.

Link is dead now .... bleh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom