Third row seat not locking in place and... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...the back rest is loosely-goosey.

I'm looking at a LC this weekend and one of the third row seats won't lock in place (on the grab hook) when in the down position. Also, the back rest appears to be missing a bolt or a piece that holds it in place when in the upright position. These are t a big deal to me but it is something I would like to fix if it isn't too much of a hassle.

I searched Google but couldn't find anything that pertained to what I just described. Has anyone here experienced those seat issues? Was it an easy fix? I probably won't use the third row seats but it would be nice to know that they both work properly.

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about regarding the back rest. As you can see, it moves about front to back rather than being set in place.

IMG_6396.PNG

I think there are far more important things about that 80 to be concerned with before making the purchase. And if that seat is the biggest issue you have with the vehicle, you should buy it.

If nothing else you can pick up a set of third row seats from a dismantler or classified ads somewhere. Many of us will never use them so we sell them.

That color, in fact, is probably what I'm looking for. What year? If 93/94 I'll take that broken third row off your hands. Buy the truck and PM me.

One of mine doesn't latch easily...I fiddle with and slam it into place. Locks work, but don't line up well anymore.

I bought them from a mudder and I use them pretty frequently because kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom