The Ultimate A/C Thread For Pigs! (Air Conditioning) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pictures of the AC unit outside the rig

Here are some pictures to contribute to the thread.

DSCF9498.jpg

DSCF9497.jpg

DSCF9491.jpg

mang that's one sweet unit right thar. nice post. tell more...

Just contributing to the thread, I have one sitting outside the rig, anything you guys want pictures of?

That one was from a 78 or 79. I already had it sold but I have a few more pictures. If you like, I will post them later. I gave someone a good deal because someone gave me a good deal.

East Seattle-20130702-01555.jpg

East Seattle-20130702-01556.jpg

East Seattle-20130702-01557.jpg

few more

East Seattle-20130702-01558.jpg

East Seattle-20130702-01559.jpg

East Seattle-20130702-01560.jpg

spun wheels for 2 weeks one summer putting together a frankenstien version of that...only that looks like it'll actually work and NOT take the whole passenger floor board. uses the factory blower, factory vent selector, factory air box, heck you could prolly blow A/Cd air thru the heater in winter to help keep the condensation down. that thing is too cool and someone should use it to reproduce it.;....BoB? any interest in making evaporator boxes? we got a guy on the forum who can supply the evaporators/ valves and whatever else, seems to me, we just need a decent enough package to put it all in...

Just contributing to the thread, I have one sitting outside the rig, anything you guys want pictures of?

mas pics of it inside of rig please and thank you...

mas pics of it inside of rig please and thank you...

Sorry don't have any of them in the rig, but there are a few above with what looks to be the same unit in a rig. I was thinking about taking it apart, someone could find one of these and make molds I guess.... lot of work for a few production pieces though? I'm just glad I don't live in AZ... 120 degrees? wow

Sorry don't have any of them in the rig, but there are a few above with what looks to be the same unit in a rig. I was thinking about taking it apart, someone could find one of these and make molds I guess.... lot of work for a few production pieces though? I'm just glad I don't live in AZ... 120 degrees? wow

dude, if you'd be willing to dissect it and post pics with a tape for relavence, that'd be awesome....I figure it is just a box with either a straight thru evaporator sandwiched into grooves built into the housing halves, or maybe an actual duct box with a bypass for the airflow(altho IMO a bypass of anything other than just the heater core itself would be less efficient overall) But still, I'm dyin to see how they went about things on the insides...I totally see this thing being built of some nicely shaped thin sheet steel.....I'd take fiberglass, buuuut...

It no longer in my possession sorry :(

dude, if you'd be willing to dissect it and post pics with a tape for relavence, that'd be awesome....QUOTE]

Nothing fancy inside. All airflow, whether A/C or heat has to pass through evaporator core. Like a modern car you can use the A/c and heat simultaneously to defrost faster.

Its a HUGE evaporator, and as such will put out really cold temps even on R134a...

I have a system in my FJ55 with updated underhood stuff and its great. Taking care of all the crappy weatherstripping, and adding some insulation to the cab/doors will freeze you out of the truck.

dude, if you'd be willing to dissect it and post pics with a tape for relavence, that'd be awesome....

Nothing fancy inside. All airflow, whether A/C or heat has to pass through evaporator core. Like a modern car you can use the A/c and heat simultaneously to defrost faster.

Its a HUGE evaporator, and as such will put out really cold temps even on R134a...

I have a system in my FJ55 with updated underhood stuff and its great. Taking care of all the crappy weatherstripping, and adding some insulation to the cab/doors will freeze you out of the truck.

Good to know Brett! Did you post pics anywhere of your A/C?
Thanks!

It sounds like there are a few good A/C installs going into Pigs, so I thought I would wake up this thread.

A Vintage A/C going into a 45: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/vintage-a-c-question.68611/

Good source for condensers: http://www.acsource.com/

Good compressor pricing: http://www.parrautomotive.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/category_id=10/mode=cat/cat10.htm

Nice elbow fittings for heater/AC duct work: http://www.intakehoses.com/

Kits: http://www.classicautoair.com/under-dash-trunk-home.html

So, I've read, I think, every thread here. Can anyone explain to me how the idling stabilizer amplifier works. From the wiring diagram, I see that it's connected to the coil. When the signal is sent that the compressor is running does the engine rpm actually increase to compensate. If so how does it do that. Is there some sort of solenoid that presses the throttle on the carb to increase the rpm? Please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question. I ask this because I'm trying to use an OEM a/c system and I'm not sure what all I'm missing part wise to make it all work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom