The trials and trevails of looking for a good GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm probably not normal in that I'm looking for an early (03-04) base model with no nav and no 3rd row (and no rust!). I finally find one (in a color I don't like) relatively near me and connect with the seller on FB Marketplace. He sends me the VIN, I run a Carfax. There is some damage noted in the Carfax and none of the service mentioned in the ad shows up. No worries. I message him and say "Hey, would you be willing to take this to a Lexus dealer for a PPI, I will pay for the PPI."

The seller's response? He reports me to Facebook for a TOS violation. Right in the Facebook car buying guide it recommends a PPI. For real??

Anyway, rant over. If you know someone selling a 03-04 base model w/o navigation, let me know. Thx.

What a weenie! Stop using Facecrook.

Go west, young man. I don't know where you are in the Midwest, but get a rust-free truck from a western state. Check Mud or Craigslist and make a campaign out of it. Road trip.

As someone from the midwest with a rusty ass truck, there's no way you're going to do this with a local vehicle. You're going to need to travel for the right one. I'd also be far more interested in rust free versus year, nav, 3rd row, etc as none of those things matter by comparison to having and keeping it rust free.

No third row is rare enough to not be a thing, and can be removed in a minute.

I agree to start looking for a west coast truck, or the southwest. Be reasonable about maintenance too... just budget to change all the fluids, plugs, probably a timing belt and everything else associated, likely a radiator, etc. You're looking 20 years old at this point.

I have an 03 non-nav, no 3rd row that I had to travel to Sacramento from Portland for. I wasn't looking for one without a 3rd row but I had no intent on using one and it's what I found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom