Builds The Story of Blue (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got myself some DBA rotors and pads for rear - hoping to address that soon.
Another issue that noticed on our last trip is excessive pressure releasing from the gas cap every time I open it for filling. I know this is a fairly well discussed issue, but I don't know of one solution that might have worked for anyone.
My engine and trans temps are all fairly good with no spikes and the fuel filter is new in the last 10k miles.
@87warrior I remember you had a similar issue once you installed the LRA tank! Did replacing the vapor canister help?
Slight correction, my 100 has had the excessive vapor pressure/fuel boiling since I bought it. I've done practically all of the 'fixes' with varying degrees of success. I replaced the vapor canister just prior to installing the LRA tank and I still experienced excessive vapor pressure/fuel boiling the next time I went to Colorado. Alcohol free fuel has still been the most reliable 'fix' for me.

Slight correction, my 100 has had the excessive vapor pressure/fuel boiling since I bought it. I've done practically all of the 'fixes' with varying degrees of success. I replaced the vapor canister just prior to installing the LRA tank and I still experienced excessive vapor pressure/fuel boiling the next time I went to Colorado. Alcohol free fuel has still been the most reliable 'fix' for me.
this is truly one of the most bizarre occurrences with our vehicles. Everyone is slightly different issues and there's no one fix to solve it.

At 181K miles replaced the rear rotors and pads. Easy 1 hr job. Also, adjusted the parking brake although I think the shoes are ready for replacement too!
DBA 4000 slotted rotors (part # ‎4789S) and DBA XP650 pads (part# DB1383XP).

20221006_131412.jpg
RearRotor_DBA.jpg

Last edited:
At 181K miles replaced the rear rotors and pads. Easy 1 hr job. Also, adjusted the parking brake although I think the shoes are ready for replacement too!
DBA 4000 slotted rotors and DBA XP650 pads..
View attachment 3134308View attachment 3134309
I like that they come with the fancy color coded replace me now stuff on there. My rears need some love and these might be the solution. Thanks, broski!

Nice, I need to get enthused and do this myself. You gonna do the fronts too?
Fronts seems to be ok at the moment. Obviously the fronts are a lot more involved, it requires disassembly of front hub!

I like that they come with the fancy color coded replace me now stuff on there. My rears need some love and these might be the solution. Thanks, broski!
FWIW, I found the best deal on Amazon. They were sold and shipped by OK 4WD. I have added parts numbers in my earlier post too.

Last month, while dune bashing, my front driver wheel hit the fender liner and destroyed the flimsy plastic thing. This was before I realized that the "softest" setting on AHC doesn't provide much cushion!
Anyway, upon my return I ordered the right side fender liner, right away! That's right, I ordered the wrong side one :slap:
Tried to swap out the liner today to realize what I have done, lol! Ordered the correct size now and will install when it eventually shows up.
Also, ordered Rad Rubber wheel well covers about 3 weeks ago. We'll see when they show up! 100 SERIES LAND CRUISER – Rad Rubber Design – FJ Fender Flaps, Toyota Engine Splash Guards - https://radrubberdesign.com/product/100-series-landcruiser/

pic of the destroyed liner vs. the new (right side) liner:
20221010_115057.jpg

Last edited:
Last month, while dune bashing, my front driver wheel hit the fender liner and destroyed the flimsy plastic thing. This was before I realized that the "softest" setting on AHC is doesn't provide much cushion!
Anyway, upon my return I ordered the right side fender liner, right away! That's right, I ordered the wrong side one :slap:
Tried to swap out the liner today to realize what I have done, lol! Ordered the correct size now and will install when it eventually shows up.
Also, ordered Rad Rubber wheel well covers about 3 weeks ago. We'll see when they show up! 100 SERIES LAND CRUISER – Rad Rubber Design – FJ Fender Flaps, Toyota Engine Splash Guards - https://radrubberdesign.com/product/100-series-landcruiser/

pic of the destroyed liner vs. the new (right side) liner:
View attachment 3137928
Do you wanna sell that right side liner? Mine is in need.

Rad rubber is the jammy jam. Takes foreverrrr to get but poor Eddie isn't doing so hot in the health area (sorry to put his business out in the world) so it does take a hot minute to receive the order. Butt, once you get it. It is super nice. Buy the extra clip set for $10. If you are like me and mangle EVERYTHING during your 8 tries to install correctly it's worth every penny.

I just clicked on that link, and now I'm very interested. Abe, have you seen pictures of his guards in our trucks? The website doesn't have any up at the moment.

I just clicked on that link, and now I'm very interested. Abe, have you seen pictures of his guards in our trucks? The website doesn't have any up at the moment.
I'll shoot you a photo of mine when I get back down there to it.

Do you wanna sell that right side liner? Mine is in need.
Shoot me an address and I will put it in mail for ya. It isn't worth anything in real American money!

This whole damn thing is @YezusLX 's fault. He was bragging about buying his set. That's when I noticed that I don't even have any on my truck!
He better post some pics of his soon!

Shoot me an address and I will put it in mail for ya. It isn't worth anything in real American money!

This whole damn thing is @YezusLX 's fault. He was bragging about buying his set. That's when I noticed that I don't even have any on my truck!
Will do!

That's mighty kind of you.

I'm also waiting now on a set of rubber ones.

Maybe Zak is actually a sales guy.

That's mighty kind of you.

I'm also waiting now on a set of rubber ones.

Maybe Zak is actually a sales guy.
Shhhhh!!!! Eddie doesn't know.

I'll shoot you a photo of mine when I get back down there to it.
Rad Rubber installed Driver front rear ---> Passenger Front rear. Don't be like me and leave them out in the sun to roll up on you.

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

Another 400 miles round trip to Chicago this weekend. Thankfully the truck's been flawless!
Next step is to get the driver side header replaced soon, it is getting obnoxiously loud! Also, my wife and kids have been complaining that it is too loud on the highway. Part of it is from the knobby Ridge Grapplers but I think most of it is from the roof rack!

I have almost never used the roof rack for anything except occasional kids bike up there. Oh yeah, I also have an awning mounted that I have used exactly zero times! I am wondering if it would be a good idea to just take off the Gamiviti rack and run slick top? If that solves the problem then I might even end up selling the Gamiviti!

BTW, this is what Chicago looked like this weekend:
20221016_161232.jpg

Another 400 miles round trip to Chicago this weekend. Thankfully the truck's been flawless!
Next step is to get the driver side header replaced soon, it is getting obnoxiously loud! Also, my wife and kids have been complaining that it is too loud on the highway. Part of it is from the knobby Ridge Grapplers but I think most of it is from the roof rack!

I have almost never used the roof rack for anything except occasional kids bike up there. Oh yeah, I also have an awning mounted that I have used exactly zero times! I am wondering if it would be a good idea to just take off the Gamiviti rack and run slick top? If that solves the problem then I might even end up selling the Gamiviti!

BTW, this is what Chicago looked like this weekend:
View attachment 3142916
Slick top FTW!!

For the road noise... Might I suggest a set of Michelins! 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom