The slow progress of Spot the Pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in love with the pig though. Mega jealous

You should talk Salmon out of his 1 gst. That would be sweet.

1GST... that's a turbo I6 out of a Supra? Or is that an auto corrected 1HZT?

Right now I'm planning on another 2FE, I just love the one in my 62 too much. And I'm right with you on pig sweetness. :grinpimp: I'm really looking forward to seeing what this looks like with TSLs on all four corners when I get the axle under and roll it out of the shed to make room for going at the Ford.

Auto correct, ya 1 hdt, 1 hz is Tyler

Dad came out this afternoon and helped me get the axle under and bolted to the springs. Next up, shackle mounts.....
IMG_20150310_161426.jpg
IMG_20150310_161451.jpg

Thanks Larry. It's solid, but with some panels that aren't the straightest. Perfect for my intentions. :)

BTW, group buy cheque is in the mail. Thanks for putting it together.

Larry - I still owe you (or Tyler?) for the drivers.

Hey Doc - I have a sweet running (when pulled from my 45) 2F with 4speed collecting dust in the garage. It has everything from the rad hoses to the companion flanges and from the air cleaner top to the, um, ... companion flanges. Even have the brackets that rivet to the frame for the mounts. If my brother doesn't want it I'll trade it for a cheesecake. I'm trying to talk him into putting my spare,spare 3B into his '71 40. I'm not sure what the difference is between 2F and 2FE other than the obvious. Are they structurally the same block and head?

The 2FE is a 3FE head, induction and engine control on a 2F bottom end. It needs flat top pistons in the 2F (FJ60 era) to keep the pistons from trying to occupy the same space as the head at TDC.

A 2F and gear train does sound like a good deal for 2 pounds of cream cheese and some sugar though.... a carbed engine might be a quicker interim step to a running rig. Damn you for giving me a viable option to rattle around inside my head.

Last edited:
I've got a 1F and 3spd too........

Opening bid of 3 cupcakes and half a tray of non-special brownies. :p

IMG_20150313_150753.jpg
IMG_20150313_182056.jpg
Got a bit more done today. The shackle hangers are party together, welded up after preheating on the stove. I don't have any flat or angle stock that strikes my fancy for attaching to the frame, so I'll have to visit the steel shop when I'm in Winnipeg next week.

Any more updates on this unit!

In Winnipeg for a couple of days. Plan to pick up some more steel while I'm in here... will get the shackle mounts cobbled together, roll it out of the shed to burn everything in stouter in the fresh air, and hopefully have all my stuff in for Chromeo's big upgrade bash in the shed.

Oh yah, and put the swampers on for some smiling and motivation.

As an aside, I'm starting to look for a DD / commuter type small car to take Wobble out of that role before any more corrosion / wiring woes hit.

That's the new coolest thing. Buy a commuter. I was impressed what 5k will get you for wheels.

Picked up a 96 Camry LE with a V6 today. I'll drop the insurance off of Wobble in a few days and he'll be a farm truck / parts stash. I think I'll pull the 2FE out of him to put in the pig, and pick up / build another 2FE for my California 62 down the road a bit.

If Wobble doesn't get too stripped in the meantime, I'll drop the original 3FE back in, turn him into a cab and flat deck and use him as a farm and firewood truck.

Picked up a 96 Camry LE with a V6 today. I'll drop the insurance off of Wobble in a few days and he'll be a farm truck / parts stash. I think I'll pull the 2FE out of him to put in the pig, and pick up / build another 2FE for my California 62 down the road a bit.

If Wobble doesn't get too stripped in the meantime, I'll drop the original 3FE back in, turn him into a cab and flat deck and use him as a farm and firewood truck.

LE..... fancy schmancy

Gotta have the bling gold badge. :)

All the cool kids are buying commuters now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom