The Mule. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was trying to post earlier and power went out...let's try this again...

I dod not get as much done this weeked as I wanted but discovered a treasure. I found a box under the heater duct and had a suspicion what it was. I peeled back the herculiner and discovered my 12 Volt accy plug complet with cap.

clutch cylinder 005.jpg

Veery cool.

Not so cool was to discover (if you saw the thread in tech) that the PO used a spacer to give a bit more length to the clutch slave rod.

clutch cylinder 003.jpg

I am concerned that I will be unable to properly adjust my free play without something like that in there but am not to thrilled about sticking that peice of FOD back in my bell housing. We'll see.

Other then that, I fabbed a couple braces to stabilize my radiator and vacuummed, did laundry and got more of the tree that was cut down behind my house out of the woods.:cheers:
clutch cylinder 005.jpg
clutch cylinder 003.jpg

No Earth shattering progress today. I am still sandblasting some more parts to get to Sean for powder. (Mostly stuff I just want off the shop floor) One thing I blasted was an old fan shroud and that ended up needing to be welded at a seam. That burned a few hours! Not to mention burning through the thin rusty metal!

I did get the E Brake cable pin back in under the dash. That was a beotch! Just not a lot of room under there. I noticed some real wiring issues that I will need to address while I was under there too. (Why somebody would run 8 feet of wire where you need 6 inches and 6 inches spliced together 4 times when they needed 24 inches is beyond me) A bunch of tape coming off of stuff under there and at least three mud Dobber nests too! I also got the re-newed battery box in place and the ground wires all re-connected.

Tomorrow I have to set a trail for that running group I am in you all have heard me talk about so that will kill the day.

Hours at work have relaxed considerably but I am still up in Dalton most days but I get home in time to sandblast for a couple hours before bed so I hope to have that all done by Friday.

Saturday I should be going to Memphis to pick up a free - that's right, free - 2F out of a 60. That should be good to have on hand!

Not so cool was to discover (if you saw the thread in tech) that the PO used a spacer to give a bit more length to the clutch slave rod.

attachment.php

I am concerned that I will be unable to properly adjust my free play without something like that in there but am not to thrilled about sticking that piece of FOD back in my bell housing. We'll see.
One other thing...I was right I would be unable to set my free play. As a matter of fact, that little gem in the pick above was keeping the rod from sliding completely through the damn clutch fork!!! Fxxx!:mad:

So I am going to hit a locak machine shop and get them to make me something, maybe happed like a dish that will fit in the hole to prevent the rod from going through or make another rod end that is a bit larger in diameter. I just do not want to take it all apart right now to replace the arm. :cheers:

If you are out of adjustment, I would be looking for the cause, wore out clutch, bad T/O bearing , a problem with the pivot ball or a bad slave cylinder as there is usually more than enough rod to compensate for normal wear.

If you are out of adjustment, I would be looking for the cause, wore out clutch, bad T/O bearing , a problem with the pivot ball or a bad slave cylinder as there is usually more than enough rod to compensate for normal wear.
Well, all that stuff is new. The problem is the rod end goes straight on through the fork! the fork is wore the freak out and I did not catch it when I reinstalled it. Live and learn. I will post a pic of the rod sliding thru the fork for your enjoyment later.:bounce:

Chris, let me know if you need help with a bracket or something for that cable. I'm sure we can CNC plasma cut something for ya real cheap. Then use a press brake to bend whatever angle you need.

Well I know I owe a pic of the clutch fork but check this out:

On the way to the blaster with some big stuff (including Sean's MR2 fenders)

2007-09-20 010.jpg

My blaster Joe in Dalton. $120 and hour and he does a good job.

2007-09-20 011.jpg

And some fresh parts!!! SICK!

2007-09-20 012.jpg
2007-09-20 010.jpg
2007-09-20 011.jpg
2007-09-20 012.jpg

The POR-15 came today for :princess:'s project so I have my work cut out for the weekend.

View attachment 174874

looks like you have 2 helpers there!

thanks for getting the fenders done. I pretreated them in our wash booth and ran them up to Maaco for some yellow primer with hardener. The Maaco dude said it was called H-32 primer i think? $100 so i guess not too bad.

Finally...here is my shift rod issue:

2007-09-27 007.jpg

The fxxxer willpush right through! And I am certain the fork is worn out not the shaft end. I do not want to pull it apart again so I am going to see if I can get a machine shop to make me a bit larger shaft end.
2007-09-27 007.jpg

I got a bit side tracked when Sean wanted his fenders blasted so I hooked him up and got my other project going too (Eggberta accordning to my wife since Grape Ape is taken accordning to Roger) Here are the post POR pics:

2007-09-27 005.jpg
2007-09-27 006.jpg

Velly nassssss;p

At some point I will make this a new thread for that truck. I gotta be sure it is going to happen first!!!!!
2007-09-27 005.jpg
2007-09-27 006.jpg

Just a quick update w/o pics. I drained all the remaining fluids today and all but the rear dif were full of water and looked absolutely moldy. I will post a pic of the goo. In the mean time I fabbed some spring clamps for the wife's build (which I still have not started a threadon!) Since tomorrow is a holiday for me I plan on getting the fluids filled, get the heater back in and replace the dizzy with the one I got from Barry A. I have some wiring to take care of that is a bit buggered so we will see what the day brings. I als want to get the wifes springs together (did two today) soI can get them off the floor of the shop. Pics tomorrow.

Well, since I am still up and drinkin, thought I would share a pic or two of the junk:

This is the tranny fluid and front diff fluid. Nice.:rolleyes:
10-08-07 002.jpg

Here are the spring packs for the "other project" I put together with the aircraft fasteners I had in my tool box since Desert Storm
2007-10-08 003.jpg
I think they are beat though. One had no tension left when I put it back together.

Here is the "other project." :grinpimp:
MH is now thinking the Purple People Eater. I was thinking Professor Plum - she is a teacher:bounce:
At least it has now been moved off the old smashed pallet and onto the saw horses for some work.
2007-10-08 005.jpg
10-08-07 002.jpg
2007-10-08 003.jpg
2007-10-08 005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom