The MUD 100 series Videos thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Quick video from last week on a section from Top of the World trail north of Moab. After seeing @3D FJ's video, I need a drone...

Oh my.. where you are wheeling, a drone would be fantastic. I will say though... If you find yourself having someone with you as passenger who videos you while driving, i highly suggest getting a gimbal. Whether it's for a gopro or for your phone, it will make shooting your videos much nicer. I have two... one for my gopro and one for the phone. After using them, it's hard to shoot with just me holding the camera. One of the biggest differences is when shooting with a phone and you need to zoom in or out. Much steadier. It has also helped significantly with the kid's events. I hardly ever get the first or the fifth row from the front so i'm always having to stand and video and everyone knows that when you zoom, it's much more shakey.

Last edited:
Tareq,

What tires are you running in those videos?

I think with the right tire, you could have done that MUCH easier. AT and AS tires don't do anything in mud like that.

Tareq,

What tires are you running in those videos?

I think with the right tire, you could have done that MUCH easier. AT and AS tires don't do anything in mud like that.

I am running TOYO AT2s, E rated, 10ply
they came pretty much new when I bought the car so I kept them
they are not ideal for mud, but did good running at 20psi, except when the terrain gets technical then u have to keep trying different lines or simply give up and get winched out
That was my first and last time offroading after rain, too much mud
You are correct, if I had TOYO MTs for example, I could have done it with no drama :)

ih8mud for a reason - ;<)

what year is your LX? Do you have A-TRAC?

ih8mud for a reason - ;<)

what year is your LX? Do you have A-TRAC?

Haha ,,, it's a 2003 ,,,
there is no A-TRAC button like other Toyota products
but I think I have it, I feel traction control working

I have TRAC and VSC lights on now + engine light
It is a loose sensor near the catalytic converter was rattling
I had to just tighten it up with metal wire during the rally until I can fix it

>>> YouTube: Tareq Overlanding :)

Were all the lights on during that mud driving?

When all lights are on, I don't think it will work.

That mud needs MT's.

Were all the lights on during that mud driving?

When all lights are on, I don't think it will work.

That mud needs MT's.

In the mud video with Jeeps, no lights, it was good.
Lights came on in the middle of the rally, not much deep mud like in the jeep video.
However, lots of rocky, gravel, and deep water crossings up to the hood.
Waiting for others to share videos of me during the rally so I can post :)

Tested out the rev limiter in 3 low then change to second near the top on full throttle, running 8 psi in front and 10 in the back to conquer this sand hill - a number of others tried unsuccessfully, I had faith in the old girl. Apologies for the poor footage, the kids phone was older than he was, a little bit of excitement from the young fella's too.

Last edited:
First off-road trip with the new LX. Nothing too serious, just warming up after not being off road for a decade! It did make me feel better when a lifted Wrangler with 35's tried to floor it up the same thing, to no avail after half dozen attempts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom