The MUD 100 series Photos thread (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put the newly installed Toyo R/T to the test at Joshua Trees! They're a world of a difference from the stock LTX. I feel the Land Cruiser is unstoppable!

sG3jiXd.jpg

JIAZyOH.jpg

DCO9Pxi.jpg

cPdhblp.jpg

I6HkbVv.jpg

Oh sh*t, another Asian off-roader, now i know 2 Asians on this forum...lol

Put the newly installed Toyo R/T to the test at Joshua Trees! They're a world of a difference from the stock LTX. I feel the Land Cruiser is unstoppable!

I was on the Old Dale Road in Joshua Tree last week too! Great time. Also did Berdoo Canyon. Sorry for the blurry pic. It's always fun to enter a national park on a rough gravel road!
Chris
DSC02737.JPG
DSC02756.JPG
DSC02793.jpg

I have an almost identical rig. Is everything stock? What tires/sz are running? Heading out to Utah over the summer - I want to keep her as close to stock as I possibly can.

It's a 2003 LC which has been completely stock until recently. I removed the running boards and put on Slee Slider Steps. The stock running boards were a little banged up from a trip to Moab 10 years ago. Also did a mud flap delete. The tires are BFG KO2's, 275/70/18. Also added a BT45 bluetooth unit so I can stream music and answer the phone. Oh yeah, I also did the cabin filter mod. All pretty easy upgrades except on the wallet. :)

Chris

Oh sh*t, another Asian off-roader, now i know 2 Asians on this forum...lol

Lol. Yeah, I'm known as the "Chinese Redneck" in my group of friends. But ever since I got my LC, I "inspired" several of my friends to get an off-road vehicle. One of them got a GX470, and the other one is on the search for a 100 series!

I was on the Old Dale Road in Joshua Tree last week too! Great time. Also did Berdoo Canyon. Sorry for the blurry pic. It's always fun to enter a national park on a rough gravel road!
Chris
View attachment 1665337 View attachment 1665338 View attachment 1665339

I wanted to do Berdoo Canyon too! But I ran out of daylight. I visited the town in Joshua Trees beforehand, it was so packed with tourist! Took me an hour just to get two drinks and a pizza.

That place looks familiar.

full

full

TWINNNNNNNZZZZZ! Did you have any problem with the running boards going up the trail?

Lol. Yeah, I'm known as the "Chinese Redneck" in my group of friends. But ever since I got my LC, I "inspired" several of my friends to get an off-road vehicle. One of them got a GX470, and the other one is on the search for a 100 series!

I wanted to do Berdoo Canyon too! But I ran out of daylight. I visited the town in Joshua Trees beforehand, it was so packed with tourist! Took me an hour just to get two drinks and a pizza.

TWINNNNNNNZZZZZ! Did you have any problem with the running boards going up the trail?
We didn't run the whole thing. Was in Joshua Tree camping saw the Old Dale road sign and we drove up from the Joshua Tree side until we got to the sign.

BTW, I am Asian too. So there are at least 3 now.

I took Old Dale Rd from inside the park all the way out to Hwy 62 on the north side. It's only a short part in the middle that is tough with a fairly steep climb and lots of rocks. Still nothing too technical though. It's smooth and sandy on the north end too. We had a lot of fun. Berdoo Canyon is pretty easy, only a couple of rocky places. We were staying in Palm Springs for the week.

Chris

I took Old Dale Rd from inside the park all the way out to Hwy 62 on the north side. It's only a short part in the middle that is tough with a fairly steep climb and lots of rocks. Still nothing too technical though. It's smooth and sandy on the north end too. We had a lot of fun. Berdoo Canyon is pretty easy, only a couple of rocky places. We were staying in Palm Springs for the week.

Chris

I entered from the Northside, it is too easy since I was going downhill on the rocky parts. I wished I entered from the south instead and have a more difficult route. For the smooth and sandy parts, I wish I had a Raptor! Baja race down the trail!

We didn't run the whole thing. Was in Joshua Tree camping saw the Old Dale road sign and we drove up from the Joshua Tree side until we got to the sign.

BTW, I am Asian too. So there are at least 3 now.
Never introduced myself...I’m on the East Coast and Am half Asian lol

959Z23a.png

Found this on Instagram today. Love the look. Any ideas on what's going on with the front suspension? Pretty sure it's modified IFS. My guess is body lift and some sort of diff drop/crossmember bracket like you see on 6-12" lifts for tacomas, etc.. Probably not an ideal setup right?

959Z23a.png

Found this on Instagram today. Love the look. Any ideas on what's going on with the front suspension? Pretty sure it's modified IFS. My guess is body lift and some sort of diff drop/crossmember bracket like you see on 6-12" lifts for tacomas, etc.. Probably not an ideal setup right?
Couldn’t make much off of translating their post other than it’s running 37s. Doesn’t look like their using any sort of subframe or drop, by looking at the LCA mounts. I’m intrigued as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom