Build The Monkey is Back

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
AC cold.. we might to have to get creative with some additional ducting/vents in the future though. We’ll talk
Everything else good other then a few small leaks to tighten up !
 
AC cold.. we might to have to get creative with some additional ducting/vents in the future though. We’ll talk
Everything else good other then a few small leaks to tighten up !
Excellent news. Does the defroster blow reasonably well? I was concerned the fan wouldn't be strong enough. Wish Vintage made them for Correct Hand Drive.....

I noticed in the pictures that the vent for the front axle is open. Can you run a 3/8" hose from that up to the T in the hose from the rear axle breather please? It's on the driver side firewall right below the master. It's got the fuel filter on the end as an air filter.
 
Last edited:
Like I said, a few small details to contend to :) Aidan knows a lot more then I on specifics
 
@Chamba You’re not taking this swimming after all of this work and $$$$…..are you?
 
@Chamba You’re not taking this swimming after all of this work and $$$$…..are you?
I will next summer when she's up in Colorado and New Mexico. One stream crossing I'm planning on be doing could be well over 3' if it's a good year.

But mostly I just want to keep the dust out and in Florida the water from the roads. When it rains here the streets often more closely resemble swimming pools than bitumen.
 
Looking at the rain gauge on the weather station shows 4.33” in the last 42 hours….my dogs , while they should love water, walk backwards away from the door when I open it to take them out
 
Looking at the rain gauge on the weather station shows 4.33” in the last 42 hours….my dogs , while they should love water, walk backwards away from the door when I open it to take them out
So...... maybe the dogs are smart enough to stay in out of the rain, but their owner isn't.....?🤣 That's probably what the dogs are thinking when you open that door to a deluge.

Sounds a bit like an afternoon rain shower here in the swamps.
 
Last edited:
I can only say “ sure beats mopping up pee from 3 big dogs in the house “ ☹️

I has been non-stop rain all weekend. Here is it Monday am, still raining !
 
I drove the Silverado up to @cruisermatt 's Cruiser Spa today to test drive the Pig in anticipation of getting it back next week. We found a few minor items which they'll sort out in the next few days.

But first impressions are very good. The steering is superb. The improvement over the factory power steering is noticeable (though the tie rod ends on there before had more slop than a pig farm, which is the likely cause). The Terrain Tamer springs are truly remarkable, especially in the 43, which has 45 rear rear springs. VERY happy WHT the ride.

The engine pulls very nicely and the H55 shifts like a new Toyota box does. With the air con on, driving around in 90° Florida humidity it hit 210° and stayed there.

The brakes are awe-inspiring. It's remarkable what completely stock brakes perform like when every component is brand new Toyota.

The exhaust looks and sounds great. Justin did a bang-up job with that. It's routed beautifully, welded with perfection and has no vibration or rattles anywhere. Serious talent there.

The air con and heat blow hot and cold nicely, but the fan leaves a lot to be desired (only option for RHD, bugger). It certainly gets the cab livable, but I ain't gonna be hanging meat in there any time soon. I think if I can find a blower motor with more amperage it'll be great. Matt is looking into another option for an underdash unit from a Defender, so that may be an option in the future. First I'll try to get a more powerful blower motor and see whether that sorts it out.

Taking the test drive today was great. I'm off to work tomorrow, but very excited to get it back next week and start FINALLY enjoying it!!

20260929_133702.webp


20260929_133654.webp


20260929_133719.webp
 
Last edited:
I drove the Silverado up to @cruisermatt Cruiser Spa today to test drive the Pig in anticipation of getting out back next week. We found a few minor items which they'll sort out in the next few days.

But first impressions are very good. The steering is superb. The improvement over the factory power steering is noticeable (though the tie rod ends on there before had more slop than a pig farm, which is the likely cause). The Terrain Tamer springs are truly remarkable, especially in the 43, which has 45 rear rear springs.

The engine pulls very nicely and the H55 shifts like a new Toyota box does. With the air con on, driving around in 90° Florida humidity it hit 210° and stayed there.

The brakes are awe-inspiring. It's remarkable what completely stock brakes perform like when every component is brand new Toyota.

The air con and heat blow hot and cold nicely, but the fan leaves a lot to be desired. It certainly gets the cab livable, but I ain't gonna be hanging meat in there any time soon. I think if I can find a motor with more amperage it'll be great. Matt is looking into another option for an underdash unit from a Defender, so that may be an option in the future. First I'll try to get a more powerful blower motor and see whether that sorts it out.

Taking the test drive today was great. I'm off to work tomorrow, but very excited to get it back next week and start FINALLY enjoying it!!

View attachment 4221610

View attachment 4221611

View attachment 4221612

You are going to beat me to the fish line! I'm happy for you. We'll have to get together sometime.
 
Back
Top Bottom