Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.
@Jdc1 does anyone know offhand whether the 4wd indicator and hand brake switch are negative or positive? I'll look it up later but was hoping someone here knows.....
That's something else not included in the Painless I've got to add.
Yes, but I think the Toyota one is a positive switch, yes? I assume I can simply reverse the switch and make the light constant power rather than constant ground. Can you think of any reason I can't do that?
I don’t see a problem with switching, I use my test leads to verify things like this. Don’t see ground blowing the switch. FWIW i’m not an electrician so test at your own risk lol.Yes, but I think the Toyota one is a positive switch, yes? I assume I can simply reverse the switch and make the light constant power rather than constant ground. Can you think of any reason I can't do that?
My Painless didn't come with a 4wd wire sadly. But I'm running that now. That one I can run either way I reckon. But I'll keep it as a ground switch so it is the same throughout.
Perfect. Thanks Matt. I found this:The locker switch is a standard Carling style rocker switch.

Awesome! Has the H55/transfer rocked up yet? I can't wait to see that sexy beast all assembled.HEI dizzy.. gross
On the bright side there’s a BIG stack of parts piling up here!
Stock transfer case gears. I'm keeping the 4:11s and the H55 is something like 5.25 first (same as the H41). I've never really found that I needed much lower. I'm not planning on rock crawling this one (my rock crawling days are behind me). Just ghost town loops, forest service trails, etc. Between the rear locker and the 8274 I should be able to keep myself out of trouble. I'm after long term reliability.You going to run the stock transfer case gears or going with some lower gears?
I need to go through the wiring diagram tonight. But does anyone here know which of these wires to the turn signal/ high beam/ pass stick on the steering wheel gets constant power for the passing light? I think it's the red/yellow, which is the solid red on the wire to the switch (which I THINK is factory 40). The female side on my old harness is from the cobbled-together harness and it isn't from a Cruiser.
View attachment 4027751
Have you seen the 40 Series H55F top plate coming from Pakistan? They are identical to the H41/H42 top plates. The fifth gear shift position is above reverse line the regular H55F top plate. Only problem is reverse is in the same location as H41/H42.I also painted the steering wheel shield and column cover. This rig is missiing SO much hardware that I wish I had a parts rig just for missing bits. Very frustrating.
But the most irritating thing is that NONE of the screws and bolts are correct. Those Pakistani 'experts' simply grabbed whatever bolts fit for whatever they were doing. Many 6mm thread bolts are a 13mm head......
Even the steering wheel shield had incorrect screws attaching it. The steering column cover was glued together, not screwed. I'm slowly fixing it all, but every item I fix uncovers 2 more items needing fixing.
I haven't seen them. But honestly after dealing with my 43 I wouldn't cross the street to get something made in Pakistan.Have you seen the 40 Series H55F top plate coming from Pakistan? They are identical to the H41/H42 top plates. The fifth gear shift position is above reverse line the regular H55F top plate. Only problem is reverse is in the same location as H41/H42.