The Long Slow Build - 1980 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have windows. Window are awesome!

IMG_3577.JPG
IMG_3578.JPG
IMG_3579.JPG

Thanks @jim land Hope to put rest of the top together this weekend. It will be at least another week before I have the fiberglass top back from the painter. I do have a spare, though......tempting.

Few things done tonight. How exactly does the wiring route from the side panel interior light???

The rear corner braces for the rear door header really make the top stiff and the top is not even bolted down yet.

IMG_3581.JPG
IMG_3582.JPG
IMG_3583.JPG

Gotcha - it runs in the inside of the rain gutter, right? For some reason, I thought it ran through the channel over the door. I was trying to get it inside the front door channel.

thanks.

Yes, it is on top of the rain gutter. As in, wait to wire it until you have the top installed.

IMG_0822.JPG
That's what mine look like.

Last edited:
Put the weatherstripping on the rear doors tonight. Hopefully get those installed this weekend. If there is time around my kids baseball & volleyball tournaments.....and my oldest wants to play golf. Need some cruiser time.

IMG_3589.JPG
IMG_3590.JPG
IMG_3591.JPG

I'm having some fitment issues with the front doors. Same problem on both sides really. These were prefit before they were painted. The OEM weatherstripping seems to be pushing out a lot on the doors. The hinge side of the doors feels really close to the body, like the hinge pivot point needs to come out away from the body. I've tried it with the Quick hinges and with the OEM hinges. Really not much difference between the two hinge options.

Take a look - what am I missing?

IMG_3594.JPG
IMG_3595.JPG
IMG_3596.JPG
IMG_3597.JPG

Any chance we could get a close up pic of your vent window weather stripping looking from the inside out? The OEM pieces I received don't look like what is installed on my truck. I'd like to compare yours to mine.

look like your windshield frame need more tilt , loose the bolt circle in yellow and try to pull the frame back a little , you can probably gain 1/4''

thanks - I'll try that.

It seems like the new OEM weather stripping is too thick to allow the doors to close all the way. They are fully latched and kind of "pop" open. seems like the pressure is toward the front of the door - hinge side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom